so hopeless. dont know what to do

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qwerty934

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know everyone feels the same but I've submitted my app between 1st~3rd batch and I still have not heard of any interviews other than 3 rejections.
applied about 22 schools.
3.62 from CC and downward trend after transfer. I graduated with 3.14 at a 4 year university.
AADSAS calculated GPAs are 3.30 oGPA and 3.20 sGPA.

DAT: 19AA 20TS 22PAT 22OC 20GC 19BIO 17QR 16RC

currently working as a dental assistant and have about a year of experience.
I think I have good LORs and extracurricular with plenty of working experiences.

I know many people have been telling me that this is still early in the cycle, but considering the date I have completed my applications I feel so hopeless.

Not trying to ask for any chances or anything...
I'm just whining and crying about my situation. Regretting so much for not trying harder during undergrad for higher GPA.

Never realized I would be this much committed into dentistry. :(

Members don't see this ad.

you gotta cheer up! although your GPAs are below average, DAT scores are average (that RC tho :/), you might still hear from some schools! it's a good thing you applied to 22 schools! good luck!!!

don't give up yet. I think you will get some kind of interview sooner or later. 17qr 16rc might be most of your worries, but some school still might offer you an interview with great letters and EC.

Members don't see this ad :)
Its still pretty early in the game. Wait it out.

Too early right now. Its only September. You'll get a lot later on. Just be patient.

In a case like yours, you could start worrying by January.

I got my interview invite in January and I got accepted in February. Be positive, but prepare for the worst.

Reactions: 1 user
With that attitude it would be best to just give up now and look into alternatives to dentistry.

I am no expert but and have lower GPA than you but maybe it is because of your CC classes and perhaps your downward trend that may be hurting you but who knows they may just be saving the best for last so don't worry :)

Reactions: 1 user
With that attitude it would be best to just give up now and look into alternatives to dentistry.

this dude is still not banned..
What the hell mod?

Reactions: 3 users