So.... I have noticed a recent uptick in open positions.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JustFillIt

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Most of you here know me and know that I’m not just talking s***. But in my area of the country I have actually noticed a recent uptick in available jobs.

in fact, there are even a few offering low quality sign in bonuses. I, myself, have been actively contacted with recruiting attempts twice in the past 6 weeks.

Not exactly getting my hopes up, but at least it is something. I certainly cant fight the statistics of pharmacy school enrollment, low quality students, etc - but it is what it is. There are some jobs available in my area

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
If they are temp covid jobs then they don't count.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What are they? Hospital, Industry?

Well most of them are management jobs. Oncology pharmacist, and it looks like Amazon is recruiting pharmacists that man a desk and deal with the clinical interventions that come up in the process of dispensing (this is what I was contacted about).

There are a couple remote locations offering sign on bonus for PIC.

Trust me - I’m all in on the room and gloom. I see the writing on the wall. But right now, they are looking.

: Edit - news has been bleak of late. These days I will take any good news win I can find.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Got an offer from Ro. Looked like a growing company with decent benefits but turned it down because they said all i'll do is be on the phone all day.

....it looks like Amazon is recruiting pharmacists that man a desk and deal with the clinical interventions that come up in the process of dispensing (this is what I was contacted about).
This is a job? I think I want this job!

Reactions: 1 user
Got an offer from Ro. Looked like a growing company with decent benefits but turned it down because they said all i'll do is be on the phone all day.
If they have stock options you might want to reconsider?

This is a job? I think I want this job!

Yea - it’s definitely a job that is available. I literally could have taken it but I am happy in my position and I am too exhausted lately to deal with more change. We have bought and sold 3 houses and switched jobs 3 times in the past 4 years

• Wow
Yea - it’s definitely a job that is available. I literally could have taken it but I am happy in my position and I am too exhausted lately to deal with more change. We have bought and sold 3 houses and switched jobs 3 times in the past 4 years
Crud. I'd be exhausted after that. I would totally apply to that job if it meant I didn't have to move. There is nothing more exhausting than moving your entire house.

FYI, Anthem just threw a job up as a clinical reviewer for injectables. Work from home, FT etc.

Reactions: 3 users
it's sad but thats what pharmacy has become. Changing jobs like underwear, up-rooting your life and family , moving accross country sometimes, just to stay employed.... crazy times man

Reactions: 5 users
it's sad but thats what pharmacy has become. Changing jobs like underwear, up-rooting your life and family , moving accross country sometimes, just to stay employed.... crazy times man

I guess this analogy only works if you change your underwear often. For me, depending on circumstance, I could ride that out for a while - we’re talking long term job security here...

• Haha
  • Hmm
Members don't see this ad :)
I change my underwear at least once a day

My goodness, you really need to leave this profession. I can't imagine thinking like you do for this long.

• Okay...
Why u so invalidating
Why would someone want to live their life hating what they do?

People should enjoy what they do, life is too short to be negative all the time

Why would someone want to live their life hating what they do?

People should enjoy what they do, life is too short to be negative all the time
We are the global 1%

The vast majority of people do not like what they do for a "living." They do it so they can pay for basic necessities and then pay for copes like alcohol and digital entertainment

We are the global 1%

The vast majority of people do not like what they do for a "living." They do it so they can pay for basic necessities and then pay for copes like alcohol and digital entertainment

He's been doing this for awhile it appears. I think he can afford changing to something he would enjoy more.

And if money matters more then happiness, well I would hate to be him.

• Hmm
He's been doing this for awhile it appears. I think he can afford changing to something he would enjoy more.

That doesn't make any sense. If your job told you they would stop paying you, you'd keep going in anyway? If not, then you also think money matters. If my happiness mattered more than money, I'd just stop working, period. But I still have to eat, so I keep going in.

Reactions: 5 users
That doesn't make any sense. If your job told you they would stop paying you, you'd keep going in anyway? If not, then you also think money matters. If my happiness mattered more than money, I'd just stop working, period. But I still have to eat, so I keep going in.

Yea - I gotta agree with this. Bottom line is, “we gotta do what we gotta do”.

Reactions: 4 users

It makes complete sense

This man clearly works because money is the only thing that matters to him otherwise he'd have left a long time ago.

I can't imagine what he goes through every day with the amount of complaining he does.

Why are you doing that to yourself?

So again, life is too short to hate what you do for a living.

If you don't change your underwear, what about the skid marks

• Sad
My goodness, you really need to leave this profession. I can't imagine thinking like you do for this long.
hey i took a peak at what this person/bot had to say and i warned you all to ignore him. ANYONE who refers to pharmacy as a "profession" is not thinking clearly....especially if he is a WAGS manager, hes taking a bigger beating than me... lol company is crumbling.....

U R A knucklehead. lol.

Most of you here know me and know that I’m not just talking s***. But in my area of the country I have actually noticed a recent uptick in available jobs.

in fact, there are even a few offering low quality sign in bonuses. I, myself, have been actively contacted with recruiting attempts twice in the past 6 weeks.

Not exactly getting my hopes up, but at least it is something. I certainly cant fight the statistics of pharmacy school enrollment, low quality students, etc - but it is what it is. There are some jobs available in my area
Have been pretty high here too, almost like the old days when I first started. It also appears that there will be a large talent gap with new grads in the next few years.

I keep thinking work conditions are close to a bottom, but then I find out my expectations aren't low enough.

Have been pretty high here too, almost like the old days when I first started. It also appears that there will be a large talent gap with new grads in the next few years.

I keep thinking work conditions are close to a bottom, but then I find out my expectations aren't low enough.

I agree with this - I believe there will be a huge talent divide also. I worry this will work against everyone in the long run though as it just continues to take credibility away from us

I agree with this - I believe there will be a huge talent divide also. I worry this will work against everyone in the long run though as it just continues to take credibility away from us
I am already seeing it - like I have said a million times - we get tons of quantity - but not much quality - in one way it helps those that are on the top of the talent, but then like you said, the credibility of some of the idiots who can use their brain makes us all look stupid (like the people that call to change amoxicillin caps to tabs, to susp, etc)

Reactions: 4 users
True, now is a good time for RPh with some experience (~ 5 years) to get out of retail. Good jobs are still there, but they are only for people who want them badly enough !