So inspiring story

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dabigatran

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi There ,
Just wanted to share with you a very inspiring story of highly devoted Interventional cardiologist, He is truely a life saver !!!
please share your thoughts !

Regards

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 6:20 AM, Sameer Mehta <-------------> wrote:

Today, I performed my 700th short Door to Balloon Time (D2B<90 minutes) STEMI intervention procedure for patients presenting with a heart attack. I believe that this is one of the largest such experience in the world!

I want to share this information with so many of you who have wished me well during this amazing journey of almost seven years. The unflinching zeal to save lives from heart attacks through the outstanding procedure of coronary stenting remains robust, and the mission as clear, as it was on the first day. I pity the cardiologist who predicted on my procedure #11 that I would give this all up in 2 weeks!!

Your encouragement has made me overcome some remarkable obstacles : 147 nights slept in the hospital; 63% procedures being performed between 1 a.m. to 5 a.m.; two terrible accidents en route to
hospital; 21 traffic tickets and 4 court appearances (all dismissed!!); severe ankle tendonitis and performing procedures 323-341 while on crutches, and providing quality care for the burgeoning uninsured (37%)patients.
The SINCERE ( Single INdividual Community Experience REgistry for short D2B STEMI Interventions) Database is now populated with 700 patients who had a procedure success of 96%, a mean D2B Time of 66 minutes and procedure times (administering local anesthesia to successful recanalization) of 11 minutes. The D2B times have come down from 237 min (procedures 1-50) to 51 minutes (procedures 650-700); 44% of the last 100 patients had no insurance! Yes, I am fast-forwarding myself into bankruptcy!

The SINCERE Database remains without any conflict of interest and the numerous industry support offers have been deliberately refused to maintain complete autonomy.

A quick update on related matters – Lumen 2011
(www.lumenami.com) will be the 10th Anniversary for the meeting and year #3 since it was converted to a STEMI subject-centric meeting; Volume 2 of the Textbook of STEMI Interventions (www.stemiinterventions.com) was released this month; I continue to assist more than a dozen countries design their indigenous, population-based AMI programs and the Mehta Classification for Selective Thrombus Management is catching traction.

Although chronically sleep-deprived, I remain in good health and I feel blessed with the love, kindness and gratitude of the 700 patients and their loved ones whose lives may have been saved through this incredible procedure.

With Best Wishes and Gratitude for your loving support,

Sameer Mehta

Sameer Mehta, MD, FACC, MBA
Voluntary Associate Professor of Medicine
University of Miami.

Course Director, Lumen
http://www.lumenami.com

Members don't see this ad.

samir mehta
we salute u for
sharing & caring & loving to needy
let your job & journey move ahead & ahead may god bless u
ojb

There are, like, twelve things that are funny about this.