SOAP advice, thank you!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mooncakethirty

Reaction score
Hi, Happy New Year ! Everyone.
I am a non-US IMG who is now preparing for 2022 SOAP. Could I ask you some questions about SOAP? My credentials: step 1 240 step 2 230 OET passed, ECFMG certified, 4 LOR. 3 months clinical observership.

I applied to 331 IM programs and got no interviews. My YOG was 2009. I was out of clinical practice for 7 years and was doing medical research in these 7 years. Anyway, no matter how hard I explained to PDs by email. No one offered me any interview invitations.

I think my only chance is to SOAP into residency. I am not sure which 45 programs should I aim for when SOAP application opens.

I am thinking of applying to FM when SOAP is available. Which specialty has the highest chance of success of SOAP for non-US IMGs?

Thank you very much!

Members don't see this ad.

There are no hard and fast data about nonUS IMGs who SOAP. However, for you, I think you’ve gotten a clear message about IM programs so I do think you should max out on FM programs. Then spend the rest on IM and whatever is available

Reactions: 1 users
There are no hard and fast data about nonUS IMGs who SOAP. However, for you, I think you’ve gotten a clear message about IM programs so I do think you should max out on FM programs. Then spend the rest on IM and whatever is available
Thank you very much! I guess that there will be more unfilled FM positions than IM unfilled positions in SOAP.