Social Psychology and Abnormal Psychology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I'mJustCurious

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys know if these two courses will help out on the new MCAT? It was listed on my 4-year plan if I have enough credits at the end of my senior year. I wouldn't mind taking it in the summer if it really helps out. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I seem to recall that a practice exam I looked at had some material from abnormal psych, which I will be taking soon, myself. Social psych is awesome and I recommend that you take it anyway. Any extra social sciences you can fit in may help, for various reasons, but you should obviously cover the intro psych material as you prepare for the MCAT.

Reactions: 1 user
I seem to recall that a practice exam I looked at had some material from abnormal psych, which I will be taking soon, myself. Social psych is awesome and I recommend that you take it anyway. Any extra social sciences you can fit in may help, for various reasons, but you should obviously cover the intro psych material as you prepare for the MCAT.
OK thanks for the reassurance!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm taking abnormal psych right now. It's been slightly helpful for the MCAT, but most of the practice questions I've seen relating to abnormal psych can be answered solely based on the passages and don't require outside knowledge. That being said, it's a really interesting subject and I highly recommend it!

I think I can only afford one those class. Which one do you guys recommend?

Abnormal psych for sure, especially if you don't already have much of a background in mental health disorders.

social psych for sure! I took it and I think it helped a great deal

Uh oh I hope more people can contribute to this question