Some questions about the Univ. New Mexico program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EC3

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, so i did a quick search on the New Mexico program and didn't really find too much in the way of what i was looking for. I was wondering if some of the UNM folks could maybe answer a few questions for me.

1. What type of personalities are the residents? Are there a lot of outdoor enthusiasts and sports-type people... or are they more reserved and prefer to not be athletes, etc. Are the residents a tight-knit group or do they prefer to do their own thing?

2. How much of the experience is attending-run vs. resident-run and how much formal lecture is there? i.e. is most learning done via hands-on or classroom?

3. Who runs traumas? I've seen several things on this but maybe i could get a definitive answer.

4. What is the city of albuquerque like? What is there to do for fun?

I'm highly considering UNM program so any answers or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-ec

Members don't see this ad.

Alright, so i did a quick search on the New Mexico program and didn't really find too much in the way of what i was looking for. I was wondering if some of the UNM folks could maybe answer a few questions for me.

1. What type of personalities are the residents? Are there a lot of outdoor enthusiasts and sports-type people... or are they more reserved and prefer to not be athletes, etc. Are the residents a tight-knit group or do they prefer to do their own thing?

2. How much of the experience is attending-run vs. resident-run and how much formal lecture is there? i.e. is most learning done via hands-on or classroom?

3. Who runs traumas? I've seen several things on this but maybe i could get a definitive answer.

4. What is the city of albuquerque like? What is there to do for fun?

I'm highly considering UNM program so any answers or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-ec

EC3--I found scutwork.com to be pretty helpful for info on UNM.

Members don't see this ad :)
any other feedback?