Some Quick ERAS Questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zulfiqar786

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody...had a few quick questions to make sure I did this right before hitting submit on ERAS (good luck to everyone applying!!):

1) Did you all give short descriptions of what the awards meant...sometimes the name can be ambiguos. For ex: 1. 2012 Pancake Scholar (Full merit scholarship covering all medical school expenses and cost of pancakes); 2. 2010 CNN Grant Recipient (Award for best health related news submission); etc. <------ these are obviously fake examples

2) How did you all order things in both like the publications sections and honors/awards. Was it by date or by level of importance? For ex. if I had a journal publication or major award would I write that first so that it was visible..or is it strictly by date even if it would get lost in the middle of a bunch of minor other stuff.

3) This may be dumb, but if you did a poster presentation at a national conference and won an award. Does that go in the "awards" section or fall under your description of your research experience.

This forum is such an asset....thanks!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I can only tell you what I think is right, not an official answer.

1) Yes, i put descriptions.
2) By date, but if there is a bunch of clutter I'd reconsider if you should even include the minor things. They really don't want to read a bunch of fluff.
3) I don't think it matters. Just pick 1 and be consistent.