Something's gotta give, but what?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ImNotBritish

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm on day 4 of my dedicated Step 2 CK study time, with 4 weeks left to go. It took about half a day to realize that my perfectly planned out schedule is totally not going to work, so I need to make some concessions.

My original plan: finish UW, taking copious notes on both the right/wrong answers. Do the 30 hour Kaplan High Yield with MTB2, read through aforementioned copious notes, reset UW and do it again (no notes, since they'll already be done). Take a practice test. Read through UW notes again, read Step 2 Secrets.

Sadly, getting through UWorld is taking much longer than I anticipated. I was done with all but IM during the school year, but as of this morning, I still have some 900 left of IM. At my current pace it'll take me probably 5-6 days longer to finish than I had planned for. Sadly, ditching out on the (admittedly overkill) notes is probably a bad idea, because I find that if I'm not writing, I end up zoning out and not really absorbing much.

So I'm thinking that maybe I'll do the same plan as above, but cut out the second round of UW, while keeping my plan of reading through my notes twice. On a scale of "dumb" to "meh," how bad of an idea is this? The only other thing I could potentially cut out is Kaplan, but that's the only book time that I'm planning for, other than Secrets, and I'm not sure that it's a good idea to treat my UW notes like my only "textbook," either.

Thanks for any tips!

Members don't see this ad.