sophas processing time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sevogose

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just submitted my application to sophas on the 15th of november for this upcoming fall 2008 epi program at the U of Minnosota. They had my test scores/lor's/transcripts before I submitted so everything should be there. Does anyone know how long it can take to process and mail it to the school? I really want it to be in for the decembber 15th deadline for priority financial aid... Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think SOPHAS took a day or two to process, and another week to send it to the school when I applied for 2007 entry. You should be okay for the Dec. 15th deadline. If you have any worries, you can give SOPHAS a call, though.

Way to go applying by the priority deadline...wish I'd have done it! One of my rec writers was extremely slow.

thanks! now is the part where I cross my fingers and hope the funding gods come through with some money or a sweet R.A. spot. I am pretty excited to get over to minneapolis, everyone tells me it is a great town.

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL @ getting funding or an RA...good luck with that!

I know only 3 people who have any type of funding. I've been looking since I was accepted and still nothing.

I've lived in Minneapolis for 7 years and love it!

ouch... even in the Epi department? that is rough. I currently work as a research tech. in a biologylab in Seattle so I was kind of hoping I could at least get a RA position in the Bio dept. or the medical school so I could at least get the in-state tuition price.

You should call SPH Student Services and see what the chances are for those in epi (I'm in maternal and child health) with meeting the priority deadline. One of the people I know has one in epi right now, but there are so many people in the epi MPH program that I don't know how they'd accommodate everyone or even most.

I will say I love my program and it is worth it even without the tuition benefits. :) Although it would be super nice to get that! I'm still hoping for some type of RA or GA next semester or next year.

sevogose.... i just submitted mine on 11/06... they had everything processed and mailed out to all the schools by 11/13. really fast! So don't worry -- you'll be fine.