specializing and DO school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

uthopeful

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI I have applied to DO and MD schools. I have had the chance to tour and meet faculty at a few of the schools, and feel like the school I would fit in best at is a DO school. It is also close to home. If i get in i feel like it would be the best place to go for the short term but am not sure abou the long run.

Is it hard to get into a competitive speciality coming from a DO school. I mean I know its possible but are you at a significant disadvantage. Which speciality programs would be harder to get into. I ask because I am not sure what I want to go into.

The DO i shadowed told me usually its not really a big problem and that it may be different now becasue when he was in med school almost everyone in his class went into primary care.

This is not suppose to be another flame, I just want some information about a very big life decision. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I was kinda wondering the samething. Are there any specialities where a DO degree would be at ur advantage? Are there any where a DO degree might be a disadvantage or maybe put u at a disadvantage when applying to these residencies?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.