Specialty Mail Order Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pudgy

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Recent graduate here that is in the process of interviewing for a specialty mail order pharmacist position (one of the three letter retail chains). I was wondering if anyone knows what the interview is like (any specific questions they would ask, do they even care how you answer or just need a body to fill the position), what the job entails (hours, pay, is it as stressful as regular retail, how is management etc) and whether it is "worth" to accept if offered the position (long term career projections, job retention etc).

Some things that I have researched about the position. The first interview was virtual via HireVue where most of the questions were general and required either written or recorded responses. There is another phone interview following this and possibly an onsite interview as well. The role is 100% work from home and seems like mostly verifying scripts, answering drug info questions, and completing DURs. The pay is ~50-53/hour starting. Benefits include dental/vision/10 PTO days/discount on prescription drugs and 401k.

If anyone is willing to provide more information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone! Recent graduate here that is in the process of interviewing for a specialty mail order pharmacist position (one of the three letter retail chains). I was wondering if anyone knows what the interview is like (any specific questions they would ask, do they even care how you answer or just need a body to fill the position), what the job entails (hours, pay, is it as stressful as regular retail, how is management etc) and whether it is "worth" to accept if offered the position (long term career projections, job retention etc).

Some things that I have researched about the position. The first interview was virtual via HireVue where most of the questions were general and required either written or recorded responses. There is another phone interview following this and possibly an onsite interview as well. The role is 100% work from home and seems like mostly verifying scripts, answering drug info questions, and completing DURs. The pay is ~50-53/hour starting. Benefits include dental/vision/10 PTO days/discount on prescription drugs and 401k.

If anyone is willing to provide more information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
That pto is weak. Do they offer medical coverage?

That pto is weak. Do they offer medical coverage?
I am not sure. But here is what is stated in the job description "We offer a competitive benefit package including vacation, 10 holidays per year, health/dental/vision insurance, employee discounted stock purchase program, 401K, tuition reimbursement, 20-30% employee discount at all retail stores." Sorry but this is also very vague. From what I know for the retail chains there are different tiers when it comes to what benefits are offered and basically different conditions you have to fulfill like working 30 or more hours per week for 3 months to be qualified for one tier vs another. Also the benefits vary depending on whether you are considered "part time" or "full time".

Members don't see this ad :)
It is not bad since with those jobs you get all the holidays off. And its WAH.

• Love
Hi, I am a second year pharmacy student and I want to go right into mail order pharmacy once I graduate any advice?