About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speech course??!

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by szetok, May 1, 2012.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. szetok

szetok

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hi all,

I was just wondering which speech course was appropriate for pharmacy schools! There is Speech 1A: Elements of public speaking and Speech 11: Basic Public Speaking.... So confusing! Which one should I take?

Thank you,
  2. Twentytwelve2

Twentytwelve2

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    That is very funny. I attended both a community college and UC and it is called public speaking only. I would take basic public speaking. That's my vote. :)
  3. crazybob

crazybob

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Do the course descriptions provide much explanation?

I would ask someone who has taken them and see which one you would want to take. You could also ask the instructors who teach them.
  4. szetok

szetok

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Yeah..Speech 1A says: Mastery of the research, organization and delivery of extemporaneous speeches. Focus on rhetorical theory, critical audience analysis, speech outlining, evidence testing, and use of visual aids.
    UC/CSU

Speech 11 says:
    Effective organization and presentation of ideas in public speaking situations. Major topics include audience analysis and overcoming speaking anxiety. This course is designed for beginning public speakers wishing to learn basic public speaking skills.
    CSU
  5. Pojman

Pojman Level 99 Alchemist

I believe that the Speech 101 course is agreeable for most pharmacy schools. That is what I am taking.
  6. GustavH

GustavH

Pharmacy Student
    If you're in CA you can use assist.org to find out which courses fulfill the requirements. For UCSF, I believe it's Speech 1A only.
  7. kcwang

kcwang

SDN 2+ Year Member
    I ran into a similar problem before, I would email the school.