spouses going to interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carpedm

Case Western Class 2011
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the consensus about my wife going to an interview with me? I feel like she is as much a part of this whole process as I am and think that she should be informed about where we'll be living the next 4 years. Obviously, she wouldn't go into the actual interview with me, but what about the tour, financial aid, etc...
Do schools look down on this or find it annoying having to deal with more people?

Members don't see this ad.

Ask the school to see if it is okay. Many will say yes. I agree that it's beneficial to have a spouse check out the school and surrouding areas with you. After all, they'll be moving as well.

carpedm said:
What is the consensus about my wife going to an interview with me? I feel like she is as much a part of this whole process as I am and think that she should be informed about where we'll be living the next 4 years. Obviously, she wouldn't go into the actual interview with me, but what about the tour, financial aid, etc...
Do schools look down on this or find it annoying having to deal with more people?

It varies by school. I've seen some schools welcome applicant's spouses or girlfriends to the interviews. Other schools will not allow it simply because they cannot accomodate any extra people. You can always call and ask the schools you interview at. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm bringing mine with me to town, but not taking her to the school.

We'll probably look around the area of each school the day before my interviews.

Some schools actually encourage you bring your spouse as they think the same way as you do. Just call and ask. Some dude brought his mom to his interview. I was quite shocked.

wireless_doc said:
Some schools actually encourage you bring your spouse as they think the same way as you do. Just call and ask. Some dude brought his mom to his interview. I was quite shocked.

That is wierd. Unless she is paying for every last bit of tuition, then I guess mommy would come with me too!

P.S. I am bringing my wife to every interview, school preference or not.

lifeisgood said:
P.S. I am bringing my wife to every interview, school preference or not.
Are you married to that teacher chick that had relations with one of her students?

aggie-master said:
Are you married to that teacher chick that had relations with one of her students?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: No, but I did want to sleep with my mol bio teacher in undergrad, she was hot and ridiculously smart!

P.S. Don't tell my wife I said that :smuggrin:

Take the tour with her, but, as you say, not the interview.

good luck.