Spring 2012 GPA Challenge

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CATSandKILOS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I was casually viewing the pre-medical forums and noticed they have a spring semester GPA challenge. I think we should have our own pre-podiatry GPA challenge!

Below put your spring classes/credits, GPA goal, and challenges.

15 Credits
Physics 2 + Lab - 4
Chem 2 + Lab - 4
Plant,Soil,Insects: Plagues - 4
Internship - 3

GPA goal: 3.7

Challenges:
D1 athlete, trying to get some hours doing research in kinesiology dept gait cycle lab, internship, coaching a club team on weekends, shadowing.

Every two weeks update everyone on how you are doing. If you're ever at a point where you want to stab yourself in the eye with a pencil, just come here and post to stay motivated.

Let's get on our podiatric grind, get the best gpa we can achieve, and eventually take over the world! :p
Wow, this is a great idea! I am down for this!
Bio 2 + lab -4
Orgo2 + lab -5
MCAT- Priceless. lol. well hopefully 29 or higher

GPA goal: 4.0

Physics II - 4
Organic Chem - 4
Immunology - 4
Invertebrate Zoology - 4
Jr Seminar - 1
All with labs except jr sem
May MCAT
Realistically, shooting for 3.65 gpa for dean list and 25 MCAT

Members don't see this ad :)
Genetics + Lab - 4 credits (B+ ---> A)

Ecology + Lab - 4 credits (A)

History of Jazz - 4 credits (A)

Micro/Eco Research - progress

Physics 2 + Lab - 4 credits ( B+ in lec/ A in lab)

3.7 minG.P.A + progress in research

Last edited:
Alrightt everyone! Nice! Hopefully more people sign up for this! :)

20 credits
Analytical Chemistry - 4
Anatomy & Physiology II - 4
OChem Lab -4
Modern Hispanic Theatre - 4
Spanish Seminar - 4

April/May MCAT

3.7 minimum, hopefully a 30+ MCAT.

So I will more than likely be posting in this thread more often than every two weeks as I am also studying for the dreaded MCAT! I would like to be the first to say that I want to stab something with a pencil because of these mechanics chapters in my physics review. All of these forces and the process of balancing and trying to find tensions, torque, and all these other things is driving me nuts.
I did however get 30/40 on ek 101 verbal test 3 today :)

So I will more than likely be posting in this thread more often than every two weeks as I am also studying for the dreaded MCAT! I would like to be the first to say that I want to stab something with a pencil because of these mechanics chapters in my physics review. All of these forces and the process of balancing and trying to find tensions, torque, and all these other things is driving me nuts.
I did however get 30/40 on ek 101 verbal test 3 today :)

def my weakest subject is physics so I feel your pain. :laugh:

Got a 21 on tpr free exam today.. Break down was ps:5 vr:9 bs: 7
All I've been doing is studying gen chem and physics it seems like.. I'm still not through half of th ps content review and I have physics 2 this semester so hopefully that'll help. Mcat date: 5/19

I have seen S2N's schedule, I think that is his name on here. Any how, I am just going to go my own way I think. The semester starts this Monday though, which is going to hinder my MCAT prep. Oh well, at least I will be in pre reqs (OCHEM2 and PHY2). I am interested to see if this thread takes off as the semester progresses. If you cannot tell, I am loving this thread already. Oh and I know May is a long time away, but this test is something else lol

First day of classes start tomorrow! Looked at my chemistry syllabus, first exam in 4 weeks!

Read 60 pgs last night all about Nucleophilic substitution reactions forOChem II. Going over fluids in physics and protozoa in Invertebrate zoology.Excited for the innate immune system tomorrow in immunology! I feel like thisis the semester for the 4.0... I just haven’t done that well before, ever. Gotto keep this feeling up! Scored a 5 on p.s practice today for mcat.. nobueno... About to initiate a new brother for the fraternity, so it is not a badday after all.
Also got two internship aps in for cell bio research! Production, production!

This semester was definitely fun.

Last edited:
First week of classes done and already have SOOO much chemistry homework! Ready to do whatever it takes!

Genetics + Lab - 4 credits (B+ ---> A)

Ecology + Lab - 4 credits (A)

History of Jazz - 4 credits (A)

Micro/Eco Research - progress

Physics 2 + Lab - 4 credits ( B+ in lec/ A in lab)

3.7 minG.P.A + progress in research
Genetics ---> A
Physics 2 Lecture ---> B+
Physics 2 Lab ---> A
Ecology ---> B+
History of Jazz ---> A

3 Reserach Presentation Competitions ---> 1 Honorary Adward, 1 Presenters Certificate.

Physics II - 4
Organic Chem - 4
Immunology - 4
Invertebrate Zoology - 4
Jr Seminar - 1
All with labs except jr sem
May MCAT
Realistically, shooting for 3.65 gpa for dean list and 25 MCAT
All A's except for O chem, leaving with a 3.6 gpa :(
Took MCAT pm 5/19, currently awaiting results