St. Vincent Mercy in Toledo...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paramenace

KCUMB-COM 2008
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
...what's it like? I'm headed to St. Vince for my 3rd year. Those of you who have rotated there, what have your experiences been? How is the hospital, the learning, the call, how are you treated...etc. Also, how's Toledo--i've heard its a pit...is it bearable?
thanx

Members don't see this ad.

Toledo's okay - bearable. May stay for residency if the Match Gods approve. PM me if you want more info :) We rotate thru SVMMC also from MCO/MUO

I've heard good things about St. Vincent's and am planning on OB and IM rotations there myself. Did you have to fill out an online application or anything "extra" for the hospital, or did you (or your school) just set up your rotations? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
snooze7 said:
I've heard good things about St. Vincent's and am planning on OB and IM rotations there myself. Did you have to fill out an online application or anything "extra" for the hospital, or did you (or your school) just set up your rotations? Thanks.
Our school sets everything up when we "match" to a core site. We don't need to do any apps or anything for 3rd year core site. 4th year sites we've gotta figure out for ourselves

I'm from Toledo, Ohio. Grew up there, played high school football there and enjoyed it. Great cheap city to live in. Cost of living is so low compared to Chicago where I live now. Gas is cheaper, housing, taxes, and just about everything is cheaper. Plus it has teh most restaurants per capita of any city in America. And they have some of the best restaurants, trust me I have been to most of them.

Does anyone know about visiting rotation housing? I know there is housing but does anyone know any information about it like how close to the hospital etc. Do you NEED a car or can you get by without one for a month? Thanks.