Starkey University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lstactionxero00

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Registration for Starkey University opened today and I wanted to reach out to the older students and current professionals about these manufacturer "camps." Are they essentially a 3-5 day in-person advertisement or have you found that the break out sessions have actually provided useful information for clinical practice? I'm trying to decide if it would be worth the expense of flying cross country to Minnesota for something like this.

Members don't see this ad.

If you are referring to expense in terms of dollars, the manufacturers typically pay for travel expenses. You will see a mix of advertising and education with the exact ratio varying per manufacturer. I have been to them all. I'd say they are worth going to.....just don't believe everything you hear.

Thanks for your reply. I ended up registering yesterday. I'm glad to hear that education really is in the mix and it isn't just straight advertisement. If you don't mind me asking, how long ago was the last time that you went to one of the camps?

I just wanted a little more info on Starkey University. What does it all entail and everything. Also, do they still pay completely for travel expenses. In this day and age it sounds too good to be true lol.