Started an Application Too Soon

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Camdogfall

Reaction score
Last year, I was curious about what the dental application was like and the different sections it asks for, so I created an ADEA AADSAS account in my name just to browse around. Recently, I found out via my academic advisor that when I apply to dental schools in the future, having done this will make me count as a"re-applicant."

My question is: will I be counted as a re-applicant if I never actually filled any part of the application out? and if it does, will it hurt my chances of acceptance even though I never actually applied to any schools or filled any part of the application out?

Members don't see this ad.

Just to be clear, I'm asking if my future applications will have some sort of tag attached to them saying I'm a "re-applicant" even though I never applied to anywhere.

Have you paid to submit your application to schools yet? You will not be considered a reapplicant.

Sources: Me. I did the same exact thing. You're not a reapplicant unless if you already paid for and submitted to schools. Simply making an account and browsing around doesn't do anything.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Have you paid to submit your application to schools yet? You will not be considered a reapplicant.

Sources: Me. I did the same exact thing. You're not a reapplicant unless if you already paid for and submitted to schools. Simply making an account and browsing around doesn't do anything.
this^

Reactions: 1 user
Last year, I was curious about what the dental application was like and the different sections it asks for, so I created an ADEA AADSAS account in my name just to browse around. Recently, I found out via my academic advisor that when I apply to dental schools in the future, having done this will make me count as a"re-applicant."

My question is: will I be counted as a re-applicant if I never actually filled any part of the application out? and if it does, will it hurt my chances of acceptance even though I never actually applied to any schools or filled any part of the application out?
was this a general advisor? or pre-health?

You’re fine. I did this as well. Never had an issue. I believe you have to check a box stating you’re a reapplicant and then fill out an essay. So you should be fine. Seems like bad advice from your advisor. AADSAS does this specifically so you can see the application and even ports over your old info into the new app for ease. As long as you didn’t submit or pay anything you should be just fine.

Reactions: 1 users

You will not be a reapplicant unless your actually sent in money and transcripts. I actually advised students to do what you are doing and save time with the application, especially since personal data gets rolled over. AFAIK, every CAS lets you do this.

Reactions: 1 user

That's great to hear 😅. I did not pay anything or submit anything, so I should be good. Thanks everyone for the replies!