Starting a private practice student org at my public medical school. How do you run yours?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

capt34500

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here run a student organization that talks about private practice in medicine? My school is a public medical school and doesn't have a lot of resources on that. Was hoping to hear how you all run yours and what you all do in your club.

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Curious how this would look to PDs. Can anyone weigh in?

Reactions: 1 user
Curious how this would look to PDs. Can anyone weigh in?
Yes I was just thinking about that since PD's at residency, I would think, dislike those who show interest in private practice

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I was just thinking about that since PD's at residency, I would think, dislike those who show interest in private practice
I mean, 90% of physicians don’t practice in an academic setting….

The PDs of programs that will care about this are at the types of programs you don’t really want to go to if your goal is community practice..

Depends on what you want to do. In my field for instance you might not match anywhere if you told someone you want to do private practice - despite the majority of graduates going into community practice. It's a matter of twisted pride

Reactions: 1 users