Starting DPT Program - textbooks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LBGunnzDPT22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i know this is a redundant question, but are international versions of recommended textbooks ok to use in a DPT program? Is there that much of a difference where it will effect my learning? Ive asking an already introduced professor and an admission officer for my program and got the same answer; cannot recommend it but its up to you. As anyone here used international versions for there program and found it ok?

Members don't see this ad.

they can't recommend you do that because technically it's not the most legal thing in the world. that said, I did it for all my prereq courses because I had already bought 4 years worth of college textbooks and didn't have money to spend on more. From what I can tell, I've never had a book that had content differ from the American version (assuming it was the same numerical edition).

Were you actually able to find IEs for PT school textbooks? I tried with no luck. Had I found them, I absolutely would jump on it.

Speaking of textbooks, I have a ton of PT school textbooks sitting on my bookshelf that I don't need. If anyone on here is looking for PT textbooks to buy, let me know. My fiance and I went to school together, so we pretty much have double of everything....Which is not good for an NYC apt!

Let me know!