Starting to get nervous...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

txlonghorn2314

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm seeing that people are already being interviewed, but so far have not been extended an interview invite. I submitted my primary at the end of May and my secondaries in June. Here are my stats:

Texas resident, applying to all in-state schools:
GPA: 3.60
sGPA: 3.88
MCAT: 27 (21 on first attempt)
Solid ECs (research, leadership, exposure to medicine, non traditional background)

Is it way too early to be worried? I assume that those who score much higher on the MCAT are usually first in line for interview invites, however I felt like I would get some sort of bite by now.

Members don't see this ad.

You need to chill the ---- out big time

It is way too early to be worried about interview invites. Touch base again in 1-2 months.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
The first batch of II from only a handful of schools have been released so far. So no need to stress anytime soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm seeing that people are already being interviewed, but so far have not been extended an interview invite. I submitted my primary at the end of May and my secondaries in June. Here are my stats:

Solid ECs (research, leadership, exposure to medicine, non traditional background)

Is it way too early to be worried? I assume that those who score much higher on the MCAT are usually first in line for interview invites, however I felt like I would get some sort of bite by now.
Your MCAT puts you at the low end for MD schools. Might want to throw in some DO if you want a definite admit this cycle. Good luck, it's too early to be worried.

Reactions: 1 user
i'll be worried with you, pal

*brothers/sisters in arms

What schools have already sent out interview invites??

This process extends until April. I understand why you're worried but it's a waste of your energy when it's so early into it. I say...get off SDN and enjoy your life.

Worrying is a healthy sign in some situations but it is really too early. Usually when I'm worried about something, I asked myself one question .. Is there anything that I can do to improve the situation and if the answer was yes then I will do what I have to do ... if there is nothing that you can do about it then I will chill and enjoy my life

Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.