Status is still "Received/Under review" in December

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apism

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I applied to a bunch of schools (12) in late July/early August. I've sent in all the requisite materials, and today I received my first two admissions offers.

However, EIGHT of those schools (including a couple of my top choices) still have my AADSAS status as "Received/Under Review". I have not heard anything from these schools regarding rejections, interviews, etc. - only the automated emails months ago saying that they had received my application materials.

Now that decision day has arrived, I am starting to get really concerned that maybe there is some problem, because I had thought that the "received/under review" status was fairly temporary. I would have expected to have either gotten interview offers or rejections from more schools by now.

Should I be worried? Should I reach out to the schools and ask what the deal is? Is anyone else experiencing this as well?

I don't want to annoy the admissions offices, but I don't want my application to be forgotten. Any advice here is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Nothings a guarantee and The statuses are normal. Schools aren’t required to update the status during the cycle. Except for big 4: interview, accept, waitlist, reject. Some don’t even use the AADSAS status either. Rejections can come at any time. But usually they’ll come in the spring. I received mine sometime in Feb, April, and May. This was way after the cycle was over so it was kinda pointless. This can happen, it’s frustrating, but nothing you and me can do about it.

I wouldn’t reach out unless it’s something important. Your application is your letter of interest to the school. It could be that you don’t align as well with the schools mission or applied to regional schools that don’t fit your application. Who knows. But the good news is that you were accepted. Congrats! Focus on those offers for now, make sure to make a deposit for one school before the offer expires. Once it expires it’s gone.

There’s a chance you could receive an interview invite sometime in late December or Early/mid January for post December interview. But it will depend on the school. I wouldn’t assume you’ll be getting an interview, for your mental health’s sake, but if it comes you’ll have to decide if that’s something you would pursue.

Get some rest, let your emotions from acceptance day cool off a bit, and start to formulate your pros/cons list for the 2 schools to narrow down your decision.

Cost should be your biggest factor. Followed in not particular over of closeness to home and support system, school vibe, as well as what is important to you, etc.

Enjoy the holidays!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone,
I applied to a bunch of schools (12) in late July/early August. I've sent in all the requisite materials, and today I received my first two admissions offers.

However, EIGHT of those schools (including a couple of my top choices) still have my AADSAS status as "Received/Under Review". I have not heard anything from these schools regarding rejections, interviews, etc. - only the automated emails months ago saying that they had received my application materials.

Now that decision day has arrived, I am starting to get really concerned that maybe there is some problem, because I had thought that the "received/under review" status was fairly temporary. I would have expected to have either gotten interview offers or rejections from more schools by now.

Should I be worried? Should I reach out to the schools and ask what the deal is? Is anyone else experiencing this as well?

I don't want to annoy the admissions offices, but I don't want my application to be forgotten. Any advice here is appreciated.
be thankful for the 2 acceptances
trust the process...