Step 1 mnemonics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tajima

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just thought of one because I was having a hard time figuring out a way to remember it:

I now refer to tetracyclines as tetrASITElines because they inhibit tRNA binding to the A-site.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Sublingual nitroglycerin is metabolized to nitrite ions then reduced to nitric oxide which stimulates guanylate cyclase which increases cGMP which decreases intracellular Ca and activates myosin light chain phosphatase.....

"no go myo" - rhyme reminds me that myosin can't bind with actin (so smooth m is relaxed), g in go reminds me of cGMP, no reminds me that we're talking about NO

Members don't see this ad :)
"Di"goxin - di means two - reminds me that "two" cellular pumps are involved in increasing intracellular Ca"2"+

prAzos1n - a1 specific

"Pray" against "sin" - antagonist

(Ok i admit these might not be the greatest)

Another in the reaching category -

"F"en"old"opam's effects are "f"ive f"old" - 1 decrease BP, 2 increase arterial dilation (or four fold if you want to put 1 and 2 together), 3 increase renal perfusion, 4 diuresis, 5 natriuresis. That's a lot of effects - "D"amn, "Pam." ("D"1 agonist)