Step 1 stuff NOT in First Aid???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CrimsonMirage

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I know many people have annotated their First Aid throughout 2nd year, or from Goljan videos, DIT, etc. However, I didn't do that. I am a month away and have been using mainly First Aid + Pathoma + UWorld. I tried micromnemonics and pharmcards but have had no time to devote to them because I'm still working on mastering First Aid.

Is this too few resources? Is knowing First Aid inside out enough to ace Step 1? And is First Aid enough for micro and pharm on Step 1? I'm getting anxious...:confused:

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

First Aid is absolutely enough to get a decent (though not necessarily perfect) % in pharm. Most pharm questions are straightforward - either notorious side effect, MOA, or standard treatment for a particular condition.
While FA does have enough information to do well in micro, applying that information is more tricky, and seeing classic presentations of each of those bugs would serve much better than a short list of facts about it. Reading cases and/or doing questions is the way to go here. Doing at least all the micro questions in UW is the right way to go. You can see this thread for more ideas and reviews.