step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dayz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did ppl take any prep courses like kaplan for step1 and if so which ones do you recommend?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I don't believe there are Kaplan courses like those offered for the MCATs.

I do know they have video tapes (I guess to brush up on areas where you're really weak) and a question bank (I think these are the ones that everyone uses! kinda expensive but worth it!)

There are Kaplan prep courses for Step 1, but they aren't offered everywhere. They're pretty expensive (around $3,000) and really intense -- you are either in the classroom or doing homework all the time. I know a couple of people that took them and they did well on the boards so I think it's probably good preparation. But to tell the truth you could probably do just as well if you get the Q bank from them and study on your own. I think those courses are only worth the money if you absolutely know you can't study on your own and need the structure they provide.

I subscribed to Kaplan's Qbank and studied on my own. I used first aid, and the path BRS w/ a netter anatomy review. Then I went thru it system by system.