About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Step 2: B&W vs. FA

Discussion in 'Step II' started by 14022, Jun 24, 2005.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. 14022

14022 Unregistered Abuser

SDN 5+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I just decided to start studying for step 2 and I take it in 3 weeks, unless I push it back. I purchased Boards and Wards and First Aid, but I have come to the realization that 2 books may be too much, expecially since I learn better from doing questions and want to spend a lot of time on Kaplan QBank and NMS Q book.

Is Boards and Wards enough to study from, or should I go through First Aid as well. I like the format of B&W better than FA, but it is much shorter and I am afraid I may miss a lot of detail from First Aid. Any advice?
  2. neilc

neilc 1K Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    i used b&w primarily (read it off and on during clinicals), but lost it about 2 weeks out and got first aid. i was surprised by first aid, it was great. i dont think you can go wrong with either, take a look at them and decide which will work best for you. supplement with LOTS of practice questions
  3. PTOSIS

PTOSIS Member

SDN 5+ Year Member
    i am about to start 3rd year but got first aid step 2 to study for comlex 1 (don't ask), what seems nice about it is that there is lots of room to write stuff in if u need to as opposed to first aid for step1.