Step 2 CK reporting and early ERAS submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChELover

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello folks,

I am scheduled to take Step 2 CK on Aug 23rd. I expect that I will get my score back on either Sep 11th or 18th. I would love to have the option to check the Step 2 CK score first and decide whether to release it or not. That would be a sure possibility if the score came back on the 18th, but it gets a bit trickier if it comes back on 11th.

I was thinking that, since I can submit ERAS starting 9/5 this year, I will submit my application by sometime before the score release, like on 9/10. If I am happy with my Step 2 score, then I would update the score to be included in my app. I expect that, aside from LORs and possibly my school transcripts, my application should be ready for submission by 9/10. Do you think this will work as I think it would, or would the step 2 score be automatically updated on 15th regardless of submitting the app early?

Either way, I will do my best to do well on this exam... but I would appreciate any insights on this!

Members don't see this ad.

I believe you are incorrect in your thinking. If you get your score back before 9/15, it will be included in your application no matter what you do. Although you can apply on 9/5, the actual score transmittal doesn't happen until the applications are actually sent to us on 9/15.

If your score comes on 9/18, then you should be able to do as you say.

I believe you are incorrect in your thinking. If you get your score back before 9/15, it will be included in your application no matter what you do. Although you can apply on 9/5, the actual score transmittal doesn't happen until the applications are actually sent to us on 9/15.

If your score comes on 9/18, then you should be able to do as you say.
Ah I see. Thank you for the clarification!!

This seems to contradict what youre saying. Does anyone actually know? I'm in the same position

Well, I could be wrong. In any case, there is nothing you can do about the situation. Apply as early as possible and assign your USMLE to programs. Post here with your results.

Well, I could be wrong. In any case, there is nothing you can do about the situation. Apply as early as possible and assign your USMLE to programs. Post here with your results.
In your opinion, does it matter if you submit your ERAS application Sept 1st vs Sept 15th?