Step 2 CS cancelled (for now)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeedAdvicelol

Reaction score
Just got a message from NBME and I want to confirm with you guys, is CS cancelled this year? It won’t be factored into resident selection this cycle, even if you don’t have a score, right?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
This is what they sent me.

Attachments

• 4683F252-9B6A-4E97-924E-46ACA5A0201E.png
    4683F252-9B6A-4E97-924E-46ACA5A0201E.png
    312.8 KB · Views: 581
Members don't see this ad :)
Someone confirm!

Reactions: 1 user
This would be literally the best news of this whole cycle.

Edit - anybody else already thinking about what they'll spend their $1300 refund on?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
The email I got from them previously was a direct text, no pdf. Hmm

Please tell me this is real and not a troll :D

Smells like troll until I see an official announcement

There's a reddit post about it now from what looks like a veteran poster claiming it's from their admin,

Reactions: 2 users
There's a reddit post about it now from what looks like a veteran poster claiming it's from their admin,

Looks like with an attached FAQ in the comments from the OP of the post.

This is looking more and more legit by the second.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got no email yet...If it is true, they would have sent out email to everyone.

I can’t stand how this is the norm for these types of announcements. Just absolute fodder for rumors.

Tbh...the document wordings do not sound professional or the type that NBME will send out to school admins...if you read it carefully

I shall not get my hopes up until Friday then. This just seems too good to be true.

I shall not get my hopes up until Friday then. This just seems too good to be true.

Seriously, if you read it carefully. The wording is not convincing...Not the type of message I expect from NBME to school deans.

Seems weird that the letter isn't addressed to anyone either..

Knowing our luck, on Friday it'll be something like "Thanks for playing but we're still not sure, we'll let you know in 2021"

Ban if bamboozle. But the risk/reward of making a fake letter from the NBME is so stupidly high (meaning risky) that I’m honestly leaning toward believing this

Seriously, if you read it carefully. The wording is not convincing...Not the type of message I expect from NBME to school deans.
Seems weird that the letter isn't addressed to anyone either..

Well it doesn't read like a letter to the deans specifically, it reads more like an announcement that they released early to deans as kind of a "heads up."

I'm not believing it until it's official on the USMLE site, but I will say the Reddit thread OP is a senior poster who hasn't ever been one to troll. Multiple posters there have said they were told the same thing by leadership. It's enough to prevent me from writing it off as a troll effort right off the bat.

I meannnnn we gotta wait on NBOME too so its gonna be more than friday for us lol

Oh yes. If this is real I fully expect the NBOME to fight it tooth and nail until they have absolutely no other option.

What's up with the inconsistency? "Step 2 CS" versus "Step 2CS"

What's up with the inconsistency? "Step 2 CS" versus "Step 2CS"

Only on SDN would someone Sherlock the truth behind this scheme by an accidental Spacebar lol. I don’t think it gives or takes away validity. Even bestselling novels have misspellings and this doesn’t even qualify as that.

Edit: but who knows!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
it's fake because it doesn't start with "These are unprecedented times"

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users
HOW DO I GET MY REFUND

Reactions: 5 users
Will medical licensing boards not require CS to get a license?

I say this is a 10/10 troll. Something looks fishy about the template and the wording of it. Also why would this person get a notification before anyone else?

Will medical licensing boards not require CS to get a license?
They’ll have to or make you take it as a resident. In PA, you dont have to submit your transcripts for step 1 and 2 until PGY-2, and Step 3 for PGY-3.

Cool, I'm c/o 2021 and took CS the week before the cancellations, guess I wasted $1300
+pissed+

Reactions: 8 users
now we wait for the NBOME

• Hmm
It would be a small victory if that test is forever eliminated. Still angry about ~2k (test fee + travel expense + hotel) I spent for that nonsense.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Hell, the NBOME can keep my money if I don’t have to take this garbage.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I say this is a 10/10 troll. Something looks fishy about the template and the wording of it. Also why would this person get a notification for anyone else.

Just wanted to call it before anyone else does. I win the internet if it’s a hoax

Agreed. Super clunky grammar throughout. I'm no expert but if a friend had sent me this to proofread before sending it out, this is what I would send back:
4683F252-9B6A-4E97-924E-46ACA5A0201E.png

^The twitter post is pretty convincing. He said he verified it before retweeting after the image.

If you listen closely you can hear the president of the NBME frantically calling their yacht guy to try and put a stop on their most recent purchase.

• Haha
Reactions: 19 users