Step 2 CS scheduling before ROL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hulu2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been unable to find a CS date before mid Jan and am starting to get really concerned. I really screwed up by not scheduling earlier. I don't think my results will be back prior to ROL. Has anyone ever had any luck finding an earlier date by just periodically checking i.e. are there cancellations ~2-3 weeks in advance for November/December?

Applying IM (Step 1 - ~240s, CK - ~240s; otherwise average med student in top 30 US MD school).

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

What?! Have you looked across the nation? Better to travel and get the box checked rather than worry about it not being in.

Hey guys,

I have been unable to find a CS date before mid Jan and am starting to get really concerned. I really screwed up by not scheduling earlier. I don't think my results will be back prior to ROL. Has anyone ever had any luck finding an earlier date by just periodically checking i.e. are there cancellations ~2-3 weeks in advance for November/December?

Applying IM (Step 1 - ~240s, CK - ~240s; otherwise average med student in top 30 US MD school).

Thanks!
Use check4change and just set your browser to alarm whenever a spot pops up. You'll get one pretty quick as people cancel/reschedule.

Members don't see this ad :)
i still have my alarms set and there are spots opening up sporadically. one popped up in LA yesterday for oct.

I thought the consensus was that it doesnt matter if you do this before rank list are due?

I thought the consensus was that it doesnt matter if you do this before rank list are due?

I don't know whether it matters to the people ranking you, but it probably should. There are a lot of ways that not knowing before you rank could come back to bite you if you don't pass. Check how CS reporting affects graduation at your school, and check the CS reporting requirements at programs you really care about.

Took mine at the end of January, did not have a problem.

Fast and safe way to get Step 2 CS test date
After struggling with getting step 2 CS test dates myself, I developed an automation software to help people get test dates. Basically, it checks every second to see if an opening is available AND it will automatically secure you that date before anyone else takes it! You no longer need to wait at your computer to get your test date. You can enter your preferred dates and location and the program will do it for you.

Due to popular demand, I put the automation software online on a website so people can access it quickly and safely. No more email exchanges, no more delays, start getting your test date now!

You can find the site here:
http://areyoufrickingkiddingme.com
Go ahead and email me if you have questions ([email protected])
Before I spam ban you, I want to congratulate you on being a remarkably opportunistic spammer. But nevertheless. Au revoir.

Depends on the programs where you apply and where you went to med school. If you went to school outside of the states, you are shooting yourself in the foot if you don't CS done before you even apply, much less before the rank list.

For people who went to school in the US, there are absolutely a number of programs that flat out state you will not be ranked if you don't have your CS score in and passed by the rank deadline. Most notably, I recall a number of the CA programs did, including UCSF itself.

I hope someone can put my fears at ease... I am IMG with step 1 224, step 2 241 applied to IM but I am taking CS on Oct. 6th. Results should be in by Dec. but what I have noticed on the thread for invites is many people have had invites already. Should I be worried that I haven't heard from anyone as yet?

Hey JMC2015.. from what I know, step 2 CS is very important for IMGs. Your scores look good but CS could make a difference. Coz December is quite late for interviews to land. That would be a risk, unless you wanna go for soap which is not less risky itself when it comes to IMGs.

Having said that, a lot of factors come into play when it comes to interview invites, your overall profile, YOG, visa status. Good luck for your CS :)

Hey JMC2015.. from what I know, step 2 CS is very important for IMGs. Your scores look good but CS could make a difference. Coz December is quite late for interviews to land. That would be a risk, unless you wanna go for soap which is not less risky itself when it comes to IMGs.

Having said that, a lot of factors come into play when it comes to interview invites, your overall profile, YOG, visa status. Good luck for your CS :)
Thank you