Step 2 expiring soon

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lolo88888

Reaction score
Hi
I took step ck 2012,score was 216 , its expiring this July. I still havent taken step 1....However, i am ,this time,, better prepared for step 1. Hoepfully will take the exam July.

I am thinking of waiting until step ck expires so I can repeat it, n get a better score. Its only one month difference. (JULY

Any thoughts? I sm still not sure. I want to apply to radiology. Thank you all

Members don't see this ad.

Take a practice step 2 and see what you would get. If it's significantly better than 216 (like 20 points better) then go for it; otherwise, it's probably not worth your time.

Reactions: 1 user
You cannot retake your CK exam. The USMLE only allows retakes of passed steps if required by a licensing authority. Therefore, in order to retake CK you would need to take and pass Step 1 and 3 (and CS), apply for a license somewhere, and have them reject you because of the timing of your exams. You could then petition the USMLE to take the step again -- but all of this won't happen until after you complete a residency. So you have to live with the score you have.

Radiology is reasonably competitive. With a low S2 score like that, and (presumably) many years out from your graduation from an international school, your chances are not good unless you have some other characteristic that programs might be interested in.

Reactions: 1 users