step 2 timing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

turkeyjerky

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm figuring out my schedule for 4th year now and i'm wondering if taking step 2 at the end of january is fine? i was planning on taking january off for interviews and studying (can't take dec. off b/c of a required rotation and i figure november is too early for interviews).

will this be a problem; ie will programs want documentation of passage before submitting a rank list or something like that?

thanks a lot

Members don't see this ad.

Well I know that for programs in internal medicine, only step 1 scores are required. Documentation of passing step 2 scores as far as I know should not preclude you from submitting a rank list. It will preclude you from graduation though. :idea: ;)

I think taking the CS in January is way too late. I would take the CS in October/November at the latest just to get it out of the way and done. It generally takes anywhere from 6-8 weeks to score. During that time, most people I've talked to are sweating bullets thinking they failed. You don't want to be part of the 3% that fails and have to retake it and wonder if it will be scored in time to graduate. I think taking the CK in January is also late but doable.