Step 3 and USMLE world

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ewps13

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For anyone that has passed Step 3 and also did the USMLEWorld Q-bank, how did you score on each?

I have not practiced medicine for about a year, and I have some definite rust. Wondering if I should postpone my test, or just take it knowing I am not doing the greatest on these questions. All I want to do is pass.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

For anyone that has passed Step 3 and also did the USMLEWorld Q-bank, how did you score on each?

I have not practiced medicine for about a year, and I have some definite rust. Wondering if I should postpone my test, or just take it knowing I am not doing the greatest on these questions. All I want to do is pass.

Thanks.

49-55% is generally the passing score minimum from UW, and above that is more. NBME gives you the best predictor of your performance, I think that above 400 or so is passing, I know of someone with mid 300s who passed with a good score.
UW is tough though man, you will see, your scores will be ok at first, and then slowly falter, step 3 is a rough and tumble experience, but in the end when you get it you will see that you are clinically proficient, I think that the test is definitely more than doable.