step 3 ccs vitals and exam checks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cyahwheniseeyah

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to find straight forward answers, but the threads are too impacted with material and not what I was looking for--sorry if double post.

Was wondering:
1. continuous BP monitoring: if i order this do I have to keep requesting blood pressures through out the case?
2. if someone is inpatient, do I have to do a interval history/PE/check BP everyday?
3. if someone is admitted and case ends, but you're on the verge of transitioning to oral medications say from IV, but they're still inpatient. IS it better to leave things as is?

Members don't see this ad.

for instance I finished a case of cancer that needed surgery. So I admitted to the hospital

but the first couple days while being scheduled for surgery I was just doing medical management. Do I have to request BP, physical exam, interval history, etc everyday? How often do you guys check vitals? If theyre stable? q8h? q12h? what about pulse ox on a stable pulm embolism, q12h?

Thanks, wish they would detail further rather than "pulse ox" they would write pulse ox 6-12 hours on the feed back portion of the practice cases

Yea, it's weird. I'm like theoretically you should do at least some interval follow up every time you go into a patient's room. In an ICU, when you're on service, you should lay your eyes on a patient regardless of vital signs probably every hour or so. But on the CCS, I feel it would just make you run out of time.