Step/Level 3 and Fellowship AND Books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheBoneDoctah

Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much does Step/Level 3 matter for adult reconstruction fellowship? Was thinking about taking at end of internal medicine rotation which would give me about two months to study for it.

ALSO

I am wondering which texts I should buy before starting. I have heard Hoppenfeld Surgical Approaches and Millers Review. I already have Orthobullets sub. Anything else that’s a must have?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Level 3 does not matter for any fellowship. I would not spend 2 months studying for it. That’d be a big waste of time and would take away from your orthopedic education. I’d just buy one of the question banks and do a few hundred random questions.

I’d find out what books your program provides you with. You can also use your education funds you buy books. I’d say you’ll definitely want Miller’s and Hoppenfelds. And then getting something like Operative Techniques or Campbell’s would be good. Hopefully your program provides you with one of the orthobullets subscriptions as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Level 3 does not matter for any fellowship. I would not spend 2 months studying for it. That’d be a big waste of time and would take away from your orthopedic education. I’d just buy one of the question banks and do a few hundred random questions.

I’d find out what books your program provides you with. You can also use your education funds you buy books. I’d say you’ll definitely want Miller’s and Hoppenfelds. And then getting something like Operative Techniques or Campbell’s would be good. Hopefully your program provides you with one of the orthobullets subscriptions as well.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile