stethoscope color

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
why would i be? im bored of seeing black, grey constantly... yes its a fashion statement... its all about the style!!! :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine is hunter green with a luminous pink name tag. To make sure I don't lose it.

purple is a good color or orange no one will take that one

In a piece of slightly (very slightly) related but less colourful trivia...less than half an hour ago I came across an inscription on a hospital building that identified it as the place where the first auscultations took place. (But I have no idea what colour their stethoscopes were. :) )

you really have too much time on your hands to be worrying about such trivial things. you shouldn't need help deciding on a color.

erinm said:
you really have too much time on your hands to be worrying about such trivial things. you shouldn't need help deciding on a color.
Why you care about this?Is it very important to your work.Just imagine,you take a purple or pink stethoscope,what your patient think about you.You are smart ,you are really funny or you are not a serious doctor?? I don't know!!! :D

endosmoke said:
which color woud you choose... im stuck between burgundy and caribbean blue..

http://bookstore.ucdavis.edu/Display.cfm?ItemID=274
Allheart.com actually has this same stethoscope for $63.99 plus shipping.

Personally I would go with something that does not clash with any color you may be wearing that day. Like, my FH wears a lot of blues and greens so we ordered his last stethoscope in navy.

And FWIW, remember that this is probably going to be just one of many stethoscops you will own... I really wouldn't sweat the color too much.

heh thanks for your input people... just curious as to what your personal preferences were (for those bitter people, you are proably stuck with black and regret it now! hehe :p) .... i decided to stick with caribbean blue... matches my scrubs somewhat!

im not buying from the ucdavis site.. it was a site i found that displayd all the colors on the actual stethoscope..

I have a navy blue one with maroon initials on it. It's purdy.

erinm said:
Yes! You know the international forums are ONLY for bitching about how one school is better than the rest and how you'll only be happy in a certain country's schools!

I demand that you stop posting light-hearted posts and promptly weigh in on whatever post student.ie and dontbsme are currently hijacking. Swearing is encouraged.

Sage880 said:
Yes! You know the international forums are ONLY for bitching about how one school is better than the rest and how you'll only be happy in a certain country's schools!

I demand that you stop posting light-hearted posts and promptly weigh in on whatever post student.ie and dontbsme are currently hijacking. Swearing is encouraged.

well said sage... *clap**clap* heh

btw i decided to get the caribbean blue... however the place where i bought it from spelt my name wrong on the engraving, an a instead of an e... not that big of a deal.. but still... its my 1st stethoscope! :(