Stewart University Versus Umich

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorB

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know everyone hates these threads but I am having such a difficult time deciding between my two acceptances. I have come up with a least of pros and cons for each.

Stewart University:

PROS
-Stewy Griffin Merit Scholorship: Full ride scholorship including books.
-Student to faculty ratio is very low.
-The university is currently negotiating with a local library and will be offering free wireless internet access if this deal goes through.

CONS:
-3rd and 4th year rotaions are still undecided: The chancellor personally told me that rotations are the least of m concerns as I don't have to worry about that for three more years. I guess he is right. Three years is a long ways away.

UMICH:

PROS
-In state
-It is UMICH!!!!!!

CONS:
-Uggliest girls in the big ten.
-Basketball team sucks.
-No scholorship.

Overalll, I am leaning towards Stewart University. If any current students at Stewart University could shine some more light on why I should or shouldn't attend this school I would love the advice.

(I apologize to everyone who has yet to recieve an acceptance. I know how much you hate when people have two schools to choose from when you have none)

Members don't see this ad.

I know everyone hates these threads but I am having such a difficult time deciding between my two acceptances. I have come up with a least of pros and cons for each.

Stewart University:

PROS
-The university is currently negotiating with a local library and will be offering free wireless internet access if this deal goes through.

CONS:
-3rd and 4th year rotaions are still undecided: The chancellor personally told me that rotations are the least of m concerns as I don't have to worry about that for three more years. I guess he is right. Three years is a long ways away.

UMICH:

PROS
-In state
-It is UMICH!!!!!!

CONS:
-Basketball team sucks.
-No scholorship.

Overalll, I am leaning towards Stewart University. If any current students at Stewart University could shine some more light on why I should or shouldn't attend this school I would love the advice.

(I apologize to everyone who has yet to recieve an acceptance. I know how much you hate when people have two schools to choose from when you have none)

I have a feeling you are trolling, but I would go with UMich 100%.

I have a feeling you are trolling, but I would go with UMich 100%.

Hahaha no he is only joking. There is an actual Stewart University thread here, look either on the front page or the second at the worst. It's a bit of a laugh though.

To the OP: Although clinical rotations are still undecided, I hear Stewart University has great matches into competitive residencies such as pediatric oncology.

Members don't see this ad :)

Stewart University:

PROS

CONS:

UMICH:

PROS
-In state
-It is UMICH!!!!!!

CONS:
-Basketball team sucks.
-No scholorship.

I thought you had to have attempted to take over the world at least once to qualify for this. Congrats!

I think that would make a hell of an EC, but I plan to start small.....like destabilizing a small African or Asian nation and plunging it back into a bloody civil war. :smuggrin:

I think that would make a hell of an EC, but I plan to start small.....like destabilizing a small African or Asian nation and plunging it back into a bloody civil war. :smuggrin:

Dropkick, you're so horrible...
I'm guessing you don't believe in hell.

Nah, I've just accepted I'm going there, so I'm just aiming for one of the inner circles at this point. :laugh:

Nah, I've just accepted I'm going there, so I'm just aiming for one of the inner circles at this point. :laugh:
You'd better go get a big North face jacket, and some Uggs. It gets cold near the center.

Members don't see this ad :)
SU is a hoax. Someone previously referenced the movie "Accepted" and that's basically what is going on except SU actually approached the base about setting up classes on the base. So, I am wondering how far SU will go to deceive people while claiming the military supports him. I say SU but I really think it's just "Chancellor Bill Stewart" himself because when I or people I've talked with that talked with Bill, he tells his secretary other things in the background which are different from what we just stated on the phone. When you ask the secretary "the hard questions", she says let so-so answer those questions. It's a hoot:laugh: Can we all tell two friends to call this guy to ask the questions of legitimacy--that really gets him hot:smuggrin: I'll keep posting a few more posts to show he was investigated then found to be a hoax not necessarily fraud.

We may need to reference the regulations or any please answer if you know:
In order to become an officer in the AF, Navy, or Marines, you need a 4 yr degree. The Army does in fact allow one to commission w/o a 4 yr degree but you must get that 4 yr degree to become a Captain, an 0-3. Of, course what I mean by commission is to become an officer.
Next, it is true one does not need a 4 yr degree to go to medical school. The guy that sat next to me in histology did it. I'll say he got a 33 on the MCAT, and all A's and B's but hey, he did get in.
The military does in fact take FMGs and commission them as doctors.
But here's the question that I just thought of: does the military require that those doctors have a 4 year degree:scared:
So, jackass Bill does have me thinking on this AND if it is so, then we may have a flood of FMS in the US:mad: Something is just wrong with that idea but that's another post

:laugh: gotta catch my breath:laugh: so jackass (JA) Bill [JAB] sent out this email calling me "Harry Houndstooth"; that's right JAB you know who this is but you weren't too far off because you can see my crud name of "Astro". The hoax is not bad, it is pretty funny but then you gotta go mention the military and VA hospitals AND there's the piece about misleading premeds out there on the internet--I think it was better said on the first X-Men--you're an ___hole but hey, let me not stray from the point. The point, JAB, because I know you're reading this is: you're an ___hole.

So, if anyone didn't really waste their time looking into the legitimacy of JAB, here's a few pieces: does have an under grad and grad degree. Failed from UMICH med school then went to American University of Antiqua from Jan 2006-April 2006, always complained while there, displayed weirdness all the time, and claims to be the rightful heir to the scottish throne--hey, I wasn't there but the stories JAB told me, I would not doubt that he said that piece. break, So, in the UCLA Daily Bruin 26Jan07, the ad states "Stewart University New Scotland School of Medicine":eek:
So, I have to admit, I was irate when JAB would not anser the questions but then I heard about the movie "Accepted". Therefore, I decided to rename Chancellor Bill Stewart to JAB :love: but now, I am thinking "the JAB formerly known as chancellor stewart" so that would be "TJABFKACB" and of course if you can pronounce that properly then not only should you have your own medical school, but you do deserve your own country.:laugh:

So, if anyone didn't really waste their time looking into the legitimacy of JAB, here's a few pieces: does have an under grad and grad degree. Failed from UMICH med school then went to American University of Antiqua from Jan 2006-April 2006, always complained while there, displayed weirdness all the time, and claims to be the rightful heir to the scottish throne--hey, I wasn't there but the stories JAB told me, I would not doubt that he said that piece. break, So, in the UCLA Daily Bruin 26Jan07, the ad states "Stewart University New Scotland School of Medicine":eek:
So, I have to admit, I was irate when JAB would not anser the questions but then I heard about the movie "Accepted". Therefore, I decided to rename Chancellor Bill Stewart to JAB :love: but now, I am thinking "the JAB formerly known as chancellor stewart" so that would be "TJABFKACB" and of course if you can pronounce that properly then not only should you have your own medical school, but you do deserve your own country.:laugh:
OK....we get the point. :laugh:

now that I've got those Rants over with: for those of you that believe that SU is legitimate, SU is not a recognized school--check with the CA Board of Private Postsecondary and Vocational Schools, the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, US Dept of Education, City of San Jose CA for business license. SU is not recognized by any of these entities. Since SU is not recognized by any/all of these entities, SU is not eligible for financial aid. I know, JAB sounds convincing, has some good reasoning (that's where Verbal comes in) but that's where the question comes in: does JAB himself believe this is really going to happen as it did in the movie "Accepted" :confused: One of my friends would say "I used to hate that guy but now I just pity the fool". Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to overthrow JAB but he needs to produce evidence of legitimacy or he'll never get his thone back:laugh:

I just found SDN a few weeks ago. I wish I would have found it years ago. I picked up some good info. What I love most about this site: it gets me to work on my sense of humor--see you guys later on anther forum

Stewart University:

PROS

CONS:

UMICH:

PROS
-In state
-It is UMICH!!!!!!

CONS:
-Basketball team sucks.
-No scholorship.

Googled Stewie Griffin---LMAO--I told you guys this is a hoax:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Stewy Griffin Family Guy

just got off the phone with JAB--since, he's moving to LA and Scots/Brits get along so well, they're bringing in Beckham to head up a soccer team for SU ;)

Stewart University:

PROS

CONS:

UMICH:

PROS
-In state
-It is UMICH!!!!!!

CONS:
-Basketball team sucks.
-No scholorship.

No kidding, Stewie Griffin voice sounds just like JAB's voice; they kinda look the same too http://www.stewartuniv.org/images/BillStewart.jpg
http://www.familyguy.com/

Yes, the idea of increasing military doctors is a good idea--hat's off to JAB
But is SU for real or is JAB just punching at the military and premeds?
I am watching "Accepted" tonight then I'll come back with some more comments:laugh:

Yes, the idea of increasing military doctors is a good idea--hat's off to JAB
But is SU for real or is JAB just punching at the military and premeds?
I am watching "Accepted" tonight then I'll come back with some more comments:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: you're insane ;)

Hah, dropkick, I just noticed the disclaimer in your sig. You really do have a heart of gold, don't you.
Well...I don't know how there will be any room for DKM when Judas is already being chewed up by the 3-faced Satan over and over and over again... :laugh:

Okay, so which one of those characters does JAB portray?
1) Bartleby
2) screaming fatty
3) dean? of S.H.I.T.
4) chef
5) the guy who could blow stuff up with his mind?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :scared:

The JackAss Bill Formerly Known As Chancellor Stewart Now Known As Bartleby Bill. Okay, now I'm having some fun. Will Bill pull it off??? Or is he a little off the wall??? Nothing shows he legal. Do I really care at this point?? Not anymore; not after seeing "Accepted"
Repeat: I actually wish the guy luck--good luck--but that won't stop me from poking fun at him :laugh:

I couln't wait any longer for a response from you guys.
He's all of the above:
Bartleby: obviously--BS is the guy in charge:scared:
Fatty: did you see his pic? speaks for itself not to mention the scream;)
Dean: bondafide crazy and then some but yet somehow makes sense:eek:
Chef: has the girls to himself--because there's no one else there :luck:
Psycho guy: he's making us go crazy without him even seeing us:p
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I really hate these comparison threads:mad:

:rolleyes:

Because DropKick clearly doesn't have a clue what a great education Stewart University provides, and it is far less than the UMich Tuition. The weather in Southern California is much better also. The text books are standard medical books.

Because DropKick clearly doesn't have a clue what a great education Stewart University provides, and it is far less than the UMich Tuition. The weather in Southern California is much better also. The text books are standard medical books.

Sam Jones, it is YOU who are violating terms of service. Do your research and you will realize that in state tuition at UofM is comparable (if not less) than tuition at Stewart University.