Stony Brook Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cusebaby

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else on here has been accepted to Stony Brook and will be going there for entry level DPT for fall 2010

Members don't see this ad.

i got into stony brook as well and think that's probably where i'll be headed- just have to wait to hear back from a few more places, but after the interview i was pretty sold on stony brook.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone! I really want to go to Stony...just wondering, what are your stats? How was the interview and how many people are they accepting this year? My interview is in Feb 6th..

Congrats to everyone! I really want to go to Stony...just wondering, what are your stats? How was the interview and how many people are they accepting this year? My interview is in Feb 6th..

Here are my stats:
University: Marywood University
Major: Nutrition and Dietetics
Overall GPA: 3.63
Pre-Req GPA: 3.74
GRE: 1270

Extra-Curric: varsity softball, tutoring

Volunteer: 160 some odd hours between pediatric, sports and geriatric

Applied/Applying to: Northwestern, NYIT (denied interview), LIU, Stony Brook, Hunter

Acceptances: Northwestern, Stony Brook

Rejections:

Interviews: LIU, Hunter, Stony Brook

The interview process at Stony Brook was very relaxed- they had several components to the day- meeting students, going over your transcripts to make sure that you have everything taken care of in the way of prerequisites and then an interview with two of the faculty members. No surprises. I had a really good vibe from the program so that's why I wound up accepting. Oh and they are taking about 60 this year, I believe. Best of luck to you!!

Congrats on Stony, I'm interviewing there on Feb 6. How long did it take to find out that you got accepted after your interview?

I interviewed December 4th and think I found out about 2 weeks later? Maybe exactly. I think it was December 18th, so yeah. Not long at all.

congrats for getting in! i'm a first year at sbu now - you guys will love it!

congrats for getting in! i'm a first year at sbu now - you guys will love it!

Hello, have a full house for rent for medical students/family /serious inquiries, no party people.
3 bedroom /2 bath
less than 15 mins to Stony Brook University / Hospital

bedroom 1 10x10
bedroom 2 12x14
bedroom 3 11x13
living room 11x15
utility room 12x12
dining room
kitchen

2 baths, 1 with full tub, 1 with shower
washer / dryer / fridge / gas stove
contact me at [email protected]:)