Stony Brook University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnnyjlee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone hear from Rick Johnson yet? I interviewed on December 3rd 2010 and was suppose to hear from Rick today regarding acceptance/rejection/waitlist

I tried calling today but apprently Ann and Rick are both not in the office today till Thursday? i shot both of them an email but yet to get a response. I actually got an encouraging email from Ann last night. I was telling her about my GRE scores to see if she got them yet and asked her if Rick would call today.(12/14/2010) She told me she would look for my scores and said tommorow will be a good day for You! so I'm assuming this is an unofficial acceptance but i want the call from Rick to be 100% sure. Anyways hope everyone gets their phone call soon this waiting is killing me :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I applied to Stony also, Im sure you got in. Im still waiting to hear back. I also wanted to ask if you did the supplemental app and payed the $50 fee?

Yeah i paid the fee and filled out the supplemetal. Did you already interview as well? I was in the 1pm Session on December 3rd 2010

Members don't see this ad :)
I didnt even hear back yet. Only that they received the app. One of my friends said she got offered admission and she didnt fill out the app, now Im second guessing filling it out, because they didnt make it fully accessible. So they dont mind if you fill it our or dont. IDK

I also heard they accept mostly in state residents. Im a NYer. I hope this is true.

hey guys i was wondering when you guys submitted your supplemental app and how long it took for you guys to hear from them for interviews and acceptance?

I filled out my supplemental around Halloween and got my interview invite that same day. I actually got my interview invite first and then they asked me to fill out the supplemental. I interviewed in December and I was told we were the 1st round of interviews and there were around 17 in my class. So there were two sessions so i figured they interviews up to 40 people that day. They will there second round of interviews in January i was told. There are 65 spots at Stony Brook. I should be getting my phone call any day now I just recieved an email from the director not to worry that my phone call would be coming lol just eager to get this over with! good luck

I missed a phone call from Rick yesterday, but he called back today to tell me I have been accepted. I went to the Dec 3rd interview too.

Last edited:
Were u in the 1:00clock session? Yeah I got the call and was accepted. I'm going to stony brook what about u?

Was there only 1 day for interviews for Stonybrook?

I'm thinking about it... I'm still waiting to hear from another school that I interviewed with and I have another interview in Jan, so I may ask for an extension on the acceptance response. I'm from L.I. though so it would be a nice change of pace to get out of the city and live in L.I. I went to the 9am interview session.

There was one interview on December 3rd for 9am session and 1pm session and i heard there was going to be another round of interviews in January. @ Svfina thats cool in whatever you decide good luck!

Hey guys, I'm a student at Stony Brook DPT, so if you have any questions about the program or anything else, ask away! Will be glad to help in any way!

By the way, its not true that we accept mostly from in-state! We have a lot, a lot of people from out-of-state. It just happens that more applicants are from NY. Really, in the end, all they care about are your grades, scores, recommendations, experience and your personality during the interview. I was worried that because I went to Stony for undergrad, I will have less of a chance to get in..which was not true at all!

And to anyone who received or yet to receive an interview invite (i heard there will be 3 total interview dates this year)! Great job! Almost everyone who goes through the interview process gets in! They just want to see who you are, ask you a few ethical, real-life situation questions and be prepared to talk about your experience as a PT aide or volunteer.

Good luck!!!!! Hope to see you all in the fall! Stony brook is the best! You'll love it! :woot:

I was invited for an interview on Jan 29th, which I will withdraw because it happens to be the same day as UCSF's interview. There will be a third interview date on Feb 25th, according to the admissions office. Debating if I should request to go to the Feb date, though might not consider going to NY, as I would prefer to stay in CA.

Best of luck to everyone with interviews and acceptances! :D

did you guys turn in your PTCAS and supplemental essay early?

I'm feeling anxious since I haven't heard from them yet and I turned in my application on 10/11 (application was due 10/15) but it didn't process until 11/2.

You can always call them to ask and make sure it was processed in time for them to review your application.

I was invited to an interview on Jan 29th but I may switch to the Feb 25th interview. I never filled out the supplemental app, though I mailed a check to them. They didn't have a very accessible link and they sent me a separate email to fill out the supplemental, which must be filled out and submitted at least a week before your interview.

I just got an email for an interview on Jan 29th as well. My FIRST INTERVIEW! :]

Can I ask you guys how the interview was? How should I prepare? I'm nervous alreadyy since I didn't expect to hear from schools because of my "average" stats. I never been to NY during the winter (only went once during spring break) so should I be prepared for the cold and stuff? I've been in CA most of my life so this should be an interesting experience to go for the interview.