Struggle with Kaplan Exams (REAL MCAT COMING UP) NEED ADVICE!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brown_Man24

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

So, I started my content review for the MCAT a few months back with Kaplan, and I am signed up to take the MCAT June 2nd (about 17 days from now), and I just took my 2nd Kaplan practice exam and scored a 493. I was shocked because this score was lower than my first score (495) as I had gone down in all the categories by 1 or 2 points besides Chem/Phys. Were any of you in this kind of a rough spot who were able to get out it? Any advice moving forward.

I am planning on taking my next practice exam this upcoming Tuesday.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

So, I started my content review for the MCAT a few months back with Kaplan, and I am signed up to take the MCAT June 2nd (about 17 days from now), and I just took my 2nd Kaplan practice exam and scored a 493. I was shocked because this score was lower than my first score (495) as I had gone down in all the categories by 1 or 2 points besides Chem/Phys. Were any of you in this kind of a rough spot who were able to get out it? Any advice moving forward.

I am planning on taking my next practice exam this upcoming Tuesday.

Thanks.
I took three Kaplan tests with 503, 507, and 506 respectively. Got an 86.5% on the AAMC unscored and 514 on the scored. Kaplan does a horrible job at predicting your actual score. I would say stop taking Kaplan and start taking AAMC material

I took three Kaplan tests with 503, 507, and 506 respectively. Got an 86.5% on the AAMC unscored and 514 on the scored. Kaplan does a horrible job at predicting your actual score. I would say stop taking Kaplan and start taking AAMC material
About how much did you get correct percentage wise per section on each of your Kaplan FLs?

Members don't see this ad :)
The one I got 507 on I got 71% 75% 85% and 64% (my p/s content was super weak towards the beginning) which was a 127 126 128 126 overall.

@Wolfpack93 j/w, do you think Kaplan was useful at all in terms of concept review or practice?
Yeah I think its decent in physics and bio and would recommend doing them if you have them. I would advise taking them sooner rather than later so you can focus on official AAMC stuff closer to the real MCAT

Reactions: 1 user