Struggling in Pharmacy School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmacyConqueror

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You were a C student in undergrad so what did you expect from graduate school where the information is harder? I'm sorry you are failing and that a school accepted you when you are not clearly ready for professional school, but I do not have much advice to give.

Reactions: 4 users
Hello everyone, I got into Pharmacy School after struggling to make it in. I was a C student in Undergrad however now that I'm starting pharmacy school I'm feeling really depressed and miserable. This is the first time I am away from my family going to Pharmacy School in a different state. Our Pharmacy School Passing Grade is a 70% and I'm scoring a 63% in Physiology and Anatomy a 41% in Pharmaceutics and a 70% for Public Drugs and Health Care on the first exams. They have a really wierd exam format which I heard is similar to the Naplax exam. A) ---- B) ----- C) ------ D) b & c E) c & d
How can I better myself? What were your study methods? I don't want to be kicked out. It would be very embarrassing to go back home after being kicked out. Thank you so much!

try flash cards, tutor, friends.

if not,

Swift Transportation CDL School

Bus ticket included!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Some questions for you:

1. What's your current study methods? How do you learn best?
2. Do you study with other people or alone?
3. Do you go to class? Do you retain information better when you go?

An individualized approach would be best, so it's best to start with what you currently do and go from there.

What works for me:
Taking notes during class. Then going home to review what you learned that day and glance at what you're learning tomorrow.

Keep up this pattern as best as you can, and do everything you can not to fall behind.

Reactions: 1 user
It's going to be difficult for you, but perhaps not impossible. Your situation is why schools aren't doing any favors letting in marginal students. The truth is, you are in your 1st year, and it WILL get harder. If you are going to do this, then commit to doing nothing but studying for the next 3 -4 years. Get home from school, study. Every night. Maybe take friday night off, but only once your grades are passing, and only if you aren't going to drink and be too hung over to study on Saturday. Set your alarm for 08:00am Sat & Sun and spending the entire days studying. Take a 10 minute break every 2 hours (time yourself....don't get on the computer or phone, or you will end up taking more than 10 minutes.) Take advantage of your professor's office hours, be in there to talk to them every week about everything you are having problems with. Spend a good portion of your time studying alone--groups tend to get distracting, only study with groups once you have a firm grasp of the material and need someone to review with.

Reactions: 2 users
The irony of the OP's username.

Reactions: 2 users
It's going to be difficult for you, but perhaps not impossible. Your situation is why schools aren't doing any favors letting in marginal students. The truth is, you are in your 1st year, and it WILL get harder. If you are going to do this, then commit to doing nothing but studying for the next 3 -4 years. Get home from school, study. Every night. Maybe take friday night off, but only once your grades are passing, and only if you aren't going to drink and be too hung over to study on Saturday. Set your alarm for 08:00am Sat & Sun and spending the entire days studying. Take a 10 minute break every 2 hours (time yourself....don't get on the computer or phone, or you will end up taking more than 10 minutes.) Take advantage of your professor's office hours, be in there to talk to them every week about everything you are having problems with. Spend a good portion of your time studying alone--groups tend to get distracting, only study with groups once you have a firm grasp of the material and need someone to review with.
Your advices are always on point @BidingMyTime