Struggling with Diversity Essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
I'm working on the quote on quote diversity essay and I'm struggling to find a topic that I can tie in with medicine. I'm a pretty privileged person so there is no reason to go down that path. I've also a traditional med student so I haven't had any cool jobs either. I do have a hobby of art and I do graphic design, but I don't know what kind of theme to write/how to relate it to medicine.

This is my prompt: The Committee strongly encourages you to share unique, personally important, and/or challenging factors in your background, such as the quality of your early educational environment, socioeconomic status, region of residence with respect to its health professional needs, culture, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or life and/or work experiences. Please discuss how such factors have influenced your goals and preparation for a career in medicine.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

It’s ok to acknowledge the privileges you’ve had but focus on the experiences you’ve gained serving those less fortunate than yourself and how that has helped prepare you to serve patients in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user