Study abroad for one semester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

csudental

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
is studying abroad for one semester can give my application more opportunities when i apply ?
and does dental school can accepted classes from different countries (Germany or England )

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Honestly, I dont think studying abroad really adds anything to your application. Unless you had some sort of dental experience there.

You can check on school's website if they accept international students.

Honestly, I dont think studying abroad really adds anything to your application. Unless you had some sort of dental experience there.

You can check on school's website if they accept international students.
i'm thinking only to study abroad this semester to use this experience in my P.S

Members don't see this ad :)
I found that the dental schools were very interested in my travel and study abroad experiences. I probably ended up talking about travel more than anything else during my interviews.. Makes you a well-rounded and experienced applicant. I say do it

Reactions: 2 users
I found that the dental schools were very interested in my travel and study abroad experiences. I probably ended up talking about travel more than anything else during my interviews.. Makes you a well-rounded and experienced applicant. I say do it

What he/she said. I don't know if it looks any better on paper, but when it comes to interviews and stuff like that I'm sure it'll be brought up!

Might be a good way to entertain the interviewer for a couple of minutes :p

Reactions: 1 user
If i study this semester i will not pay anything i qualify for grants this year and it has the same cost what i worried about that not all dental schools accepted classes( science classes or non-science classes) from other countries even it's in English language !!

It can be a good thing to your ps. Also, do it for yourself, being pre-dent is not some kind of religion.

Also, try not to take some serious course abroad. I don't have experience with studying abroad, but If I were you, I will take my humanities core courses abroad so that I get to enjoy the country, have sometime to do activities, and to not risk being rejected for completing pre-requiremet course abroad.

Reactions: 2 users

I would disagree with this. Stats aside, the adcoms look for interesting applicants with unique stories as well. Studying abroad would give you that opportunity in both your PS and interview(s).

To be honest, as long as you fulfill the shadowing requirement, that's usually all they need from you in terms of dental experience.

Reactions: 1 user
and does dental school can accepted classes from different countries (Germany or England )

If the classes are ok with your undergrad institution, I doubt ds will make a big deal. Of course, if it was me, I wouldn't take any of the required/pre-dent courses outside the country.

Go for it. Keep in mind that your grades there will most likely be calculated into your aadsas gpa, so it's not entirely a vacation. I had no idea my grades would matter when I lived in Europe (they weren't calculated into my home university's numbers) and it came back to haunt me a bit when aadsas took a harder look at my academic performance. Have fun, I think studying abroad is one of the best experiences one can have in college.