study abroad...winter 07

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mouthcracker

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am applying to fall 07 cycle and wondering if i do study abroad(London) during winter (Jan - mar 07), would that conflict my dental school interviews?
When do most dental schools interview potential candidates?

Should I take this opportunity?

Or

I can inform dental schools that I will be abroad and they might be flexible to schedule my interview.

All opinios are welcome.

Members don't see this ad.

I would advise against it. If you already applied and are waiting for schools to contact you regarding your application/interviews, it will be sometime this fall. You don't want to come home in January and find a letters from dental schools dated in September asking for interviews. Most schools begin interviews during September and you don't want to miss out on those early interviews. Also schools will ask that you respond to those letters by a certain date and you don't want to miss those deadlines or they may withdraw your application.

When you interview depends alot on when you apply and how good your scores and grades are. I have a friend that studied abroad. she only had one interview before winter semester and didn't end up getting accepted. The other interviews she was invited to she couldn't attend. when she explained her situation none of the schools cared that she was in New Zeland and told her better luck next year. Hope this helps. You could probably sign up for it and when december 1st rolls around if you haven't been accepted don't go. Good luck. I hope you get acccepted in December so you don't have to miss out on a wonderfull opportunity.