Study advice for winter break - M1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neat45

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all! Current M1 who just started winter break looking for some advice. So far we've finished anatomy and a combined class that covered mostly biochem/basic physio/immuno/basic path and some pharm as well.

Now that I have some free time, I was hoping to start using AnKing and other resources in preparation for step 1 and COMLEX. Does anybody have any recommendations as to how I should approach studying over break? Should I start watching videos and unsuspending cards based on what we learned in order or is there a better way I could approach this? I also have BnB/Sketchy/Pathoma to use. We start with systems in the spring for our curriculum.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
MS3 here. Personally, I didn’t do anything during that time. You should pace yourself a bit. I know for some of us the first semester is exciting, but it gets to be a grind I assure you. Take a real break and hit it next semester. Year 2, you can really start thinking about boards review.

I don't have an answer for you, but this topic comes up pretty often on the /r/medicalschoolanki subreddit.

Starting AnKing now is late. Those who benefit from AnKing in it's entirety start it summer after M1.

Better off doing specific decks for micro and pharm and getting thru BnB vids with Rx/UW questions each day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Starting AnKing now is late. Those who benefit from AnKing in it's entirety start it summer after M1.

Better off doing specific decks for micro and pharm and getting thru BnB vids with Rx/UW questions each day.

How is starting AnKing now late when the OP is an M1?