Study guide for the new MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SLM914

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

First of all I am sure this has been posted before, but I searched and nothing was coming up... so I apologize if I am being redundant.

I took the MCAT 3+ years ago using the 3-month study guide by @SN2ed (more or less). I loved ExamKrackers and Berkeley Review.

The point: My younger brother is going to be taking the MCAT next summer and I want to send him some guides and review book suggestions. However, I am totally unfamiliar with the new MCAT and which guide books have been updated and what is still good.

I was wondering if @SN2ed or someone else has updated their study guide and book suggestions to accommodate the new test format.

Again, I'm sorry if this has been asked before but hopefully someone can just point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Most posts by pre-meds on the web show that they are not quite sure what the deal is with the current exam let alone an upcoming iteration of the exam that has yet to see the light of day.

No one knows how the content review books will shape up for the new MCAT. I'm guessing it will probably be a similar ranking to the current. That said, the basic outline from my schedule will remain useful. It's not some novel schedule afterall. It boils down to reviewing the material and applying your knowledge.