study material for abps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dddunit

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the best resource for the Abps exam . If there are good recs from past post please post. But if there are new recs it would be much appreciated thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you do a quick search in the Podiatry forums, you probably can get this info in the past postings. Here are some resources that my friends and I have used in preparing for ABPS exam: McGlamry's (older version is better than latest version due to inconsistency in the quality of the various chapters in latest edition - however, newer edition is more current on various topics), Podiatry Institute Manual, Hershey Manual, and Coughlin and Mann (you just have to becareful and recognize where Podiatry deviates from Ortho and in the boards they are looking for the Podiatry answer). Some people take the board review courses, such as the Goldfarb Foundation Board Review Course in Philly (which includes the Hershey Manual in the registration fee), Midwest Conference Board Review Course, and Barry University Board Review Course. Stryker does run a small board review course in Chicago every year free of charge for residents, but I do not know any about the materials presented at that Stryker board review course. There are various computer software such as Boards by the Numbers and Board Masters software (which is useful in preparing for the CBPS [Computer Based Patient Simulation] questions on both Part 1 and 2 boards). You should also probably should journal articles as well since textbook may not be up to date and they can test more current stuff. There are a few classic articles that I make my residents read in preparation for ABPS exam.

Last edited:
I reviewed the PI manual and the Hershey manual and did the online practice tests but found honestly there was not much regurgitation of rote material like in other exams. It was basically just working through cases -stuff you should be doing every day.