Study music suggestions?

If you got Spotify, they got some good playlist there. These two I'm listening to:
There are others but I love these two atm :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Ooh this excites me, all the new music. In addition to the previously mentioned spotify playlists, Superior study playlist is solid. Any tycho, bonobo,max richter, rjd2, ratatat, occasional biggie smalls and I'm set to churn out some quality studying. Everything's better with theme music, so brighten up some of those textbook concepts with some good toons amirite!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Highly suggest:
Lindsey Stirling
The Vitamin String Quartet
The Piano Guys
2 Cellos
Jennifer Thomas
Eklipse
Escala

They're all/mostly classical instrumentalists but some cover modern pop songs. Words are too distracting for me when I study, but the music is still engaging.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
If you know your stuff super well you can study while you listen to Veil of Maya ;)

That being said, I use Alicks' "Help Me Out" album and usually just set a few songs on repeat for hours.

Goldberg Variations, Clair de Lune, pretty much any classical piano music is what I find best for studying. Also, I find it helpful to light incense and dim the lights. It makes studying much more relaxing and enjoyable for me. I try to avoid lyrical pieces.

Highly suggest:
Lindsey Stirling
The Vitamin String Quartet
The Piano Guys
2 Cellos
Jennifer Thomas
Eklipse
Escala

They're all/mostly classical instrumentalists but some cover modern pop songs. Words are too distracting for me when I study, but the music is still engaging.

I used to like Lindsey Stirling then after listening to more strings something sounded off about her violin.

If you like Escala, check out 'bond', the band Escala tried to copy.

Other violinists that are awesome include David Garrett (edit and less so Geoffrey Castle). If piano is more your thing check out David Sides.

Edit: If you need some more 'Epic' you can always like listen to movie soundtracks. your can search them on youtube. Just type in OST after the movie in question. (e.g. Interstellar OST, Avengers OST, Iron Man OST), but if you want the MAC daddy or epic composers look up 'Two Steps From Hell'

Last edited:
I used to like Lindsey Stirling then after listening to more strings something sounded off about her violin.

If you like Escala, check out 'bond', the band Escala tried to copy.

Other violinists that are awesome include David Garrett (edit and less so Geoffrey Castle). If piano is more your thing check out David Sides.

Edit: If you need some more 'Epic' you can always like listen to movie soundtracks. your can search them on youtube. Just type in OST after the movie in question. (e.g. Interstellar OST, Avengers OST, Iron Man OST), but if you want the MAC daddy or epic composers look up 'Two Steps From Hell'
I love the Interstellar OST, especially for studying

I'm a pianist, so anything involving the piano or vocals is too distracting for me. I've been feasting on some slick Bossa Nova jazz lately, which sets a nice uplifting tone while not being too mentally stimulating for me.

I didn't read this whole thread but research has shown that studying with music is ineffective.

Best of luck.

I mainly listen to a lot of movie soundtracks to accompany my studying. I try out the different playlists on Spotify, and even built my own, here's a link to it:

I also enjoy some classical music, or just anything instrumental, for example 2Cellos or Two Steps from Hell

Last edited:
I've studied at a music school and sang in the choir. but recently I've had an idea to play the piano. so I've found some video tutorials of fav songs on youtube and try to play music. my friend musician say it's not too bad :D