Study Tools For OATs

D

deleted878916

Hey everyone, I'm planning on taking the OAT's late next year. I will start preparing myself summer 2018. I am really unsure on where to begin and what books/guides to use besides Kaplan. What do you guys think are some of the best books? Also, I think I'll need extra help on Orgo so what book should I use that will go in detail and will be on target with the OAT questions? (I don't want to learn extraneous material because this subject gives me terrible anxiety!) Perhaps I might also need a separate physics book also since Opt schools seem to care for this section the most. Any help will be appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

If you can afford it, I did the Kaplan in class/online prep and found it to be very helpful. It was around $1200

A lot of my friends didn't purchase the Kaplan course and still scored really high. If you just buy the Kaplan book ($67), it'll give you two free practice exam. There's also a free ADA exam that mirrors the actual OAT a lot! Chad's Videos are a must! OAT Destroyer for the Physics section ($100). Also keep in mind that Physic section for both the OAT destroyer and the Kaplan are a lot harder than the actual OAT. On the actual OAT, it's 50% conceptual and 50% math, so make sure you know the concepts. Good luck! I'm sure since you're preparing for the OAT this early in the game, you're gonna end up doing great :)

Reactions: 1 user
A lot of my friends didn't purchase the Kaplan course and still scored really high. If you just buy the Kaplan book ($67), it'll give you two free practice exam. There's also a free ADA exam that mirrors the actual OAT a lot! Chad's Videos are a must! OAT Destroyer for the Physics section ($100). Also keep in mind that Physic section for both the OAT destroyer and the Kaplan are a lot harder than the actual OAT. On the actual OAT, it's 50% conceptual and 50% math, so make sure you know the concepts. Good luck! I'm sure since you're preparing for the OAT this early in the game, you're gonna end up doing great :)
I second this.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am certain that good preparation can be done for less money. I recommend Khan Academy videos and Chad's videos ($50/month). Other than that, you can borrow the Kaplan book from your local library. There are many free resources online. I feel that I found the free resources more than the paid ones. Also, stay away from Crack Oat lol

Reactions: 1 users
Kaplan book for bio, Chad's videos (Coursesaver) for the rest of the material, and oat achiever for practice tests. I studied for about 3 weeks using these and scored 360 AA