Studying for 2014 Neurology Boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hi everyone,

I tried to search the forum for previous posts regarding how to prepare for neurology boards, but couldn't find anything substantial recently..

I've heard of the Osler review, Penn's review course, and recently 'neuroprep.com', but was wondering if anyone had any specific recommendations on how they studied for boards, and what they'd recommend in regards to books, audio, or courses to prepare?

Any information would be greatly appreciated, thank you all in advance!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I tried to search the forum for previous posts regarding how to prepare for neurology boards, but couldn't find anything substantial recently..

I've heard of the Osler review, Penn's review course, and recently 'neuroprep.com', but was wondering if anyone had any specific recommendations on how they studied for boards, and what they'd recommend in regards to books, audio, or courses to prepare?

Any information would be greatly appreciated, thank you all in advance!!

Old RITE manuals (if your program is generous enough to give them to you)
Laughing your way to passing the neurology boards by Amy McGregor
www.neuroprep.com
Colen flash review if good for neuropathology, rest of it is not really worth much
Laurie Loevners book on neuroimaging case reviews.

Now classic EEG findings; BECTS, JME, Absence, OIRDA etc.
Now how to review a rep stim

Lastly, are you looking to stay in TX? PM me if you are looking for job prospects.

Old RITE manuals (if your program is generous enough to give them to you)
Laughing your way to passing the neurology boards by Amy McGregor
www.neuroprep.com
Colen flash review if good for neuropathology, rest of it is not really worth much
Laurie Loevners book on neuroimaging case reviews.

Now classic EEG findings; BECTS, JME, Absence, OIRDA etc.
Now how to review a rep stim

Lastly, are you looking to stay in TX? PM me if you are looking for job prospects.

You are amazing!! Thank you very much for the information, I was wondering if prior RITE manuals would be a good way to study. Also is it important to read this year's continuum?

I'll definitely PM you in a bit....thanks again :)

Members don't see this ad :)
You are amazing!! Thank you very much for the information, I was wondering if prior RITE manuals would be a good way to study. Also is it important to read this year's continuum?

I'll definitely PM you in a bit....thanks again :)

By the way, there was a garbage load of behavioral neurology with related anatomy on my examination. Get a copy of the continuum on behavioral neurology back in 2010, that will gift you with every single fact that appeared on my test.