Studying for DAT with less cost? - Canadian DAT & American DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iamkimj

Reaction score
Hello,

I would like to get advice on how to study for DAT in an inexpensive way (which is probably a lot of your concern as well)

After looking through many threads in SDN DAT discussion + DAT prep facebook groups, so far my plan is:

* GC: chad's video (Free)
* Bio: AP Cliff's Notes + Feralis Notes
* Reading: As reading is my weakest section, I'm planning to use any reading passages that I can get (either DAT, MCAT, GRE, etc) and also read scientific articles
* PAT: I do not yet have a concrete strategy developed for this section.
* Manual Dexterity Test: I do not yet have a concrete strategy developed for this section.

In addition, I purchased a Kaplan blue book (2017-2018 version) today so I'll use that as well.

Please let me know what you all think about this plan and if there is any other inexpensive study resources I can add. Advice on ways to study for sections specific to American DAT (QR and OC) would be appreciated as well

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I would like to get advice on how to study for DAT in an inexpensive way (which is probably a lot of your concern as well)

After looking through many threads in SDN DAT discussion + DAT prep facebook groups, so far my plan is:

* GC: chad's video (Free)
* Bio: AP Cliff's Notes + Feralis Notes
* Reading: As reading is my weakest section, I'm planning to use any reading passages that I can get (either DAT, MCAT, GRE, etc) and also read scientific articles
* PAT: I do not yet have a concrete strategy developed for this section.
* Manual Dexterity Test: I do not yet have a concrete strategy developed for this section.

In addition, I purchased a Kaplan blue book (2017-2018 version) today so I'll use that as well.

Please let me know what you all think about this plan and if there is any other inexpensive study resources I can add. Advice on ways to study for sections specific to American DAT (QR and OC) would be appreciated as well

If you're taking the Canadian DAT, most people use DATCrusher which is hands-down the best since the questions are very similar to what you'll see on the real exam. It also has videos for soap carving and includes PATBooster for free. DATDestroyer is also really good too and I would totally recommend it for extra questions. I used both and it helped me get one of the highest scores given out on the cDAT last year:

MDT: 24
Biol: 25
Chem: 26
PAT: 25
RC: 23
AA: 25

Reactions: 1 users
I agree with @IcyFox. Almost everyone uses DATCrusher and DATDestroyer since both let you practice on paper. And I'm not sure if you know this but DATcrusher has special generators that let you print unlimited PAT questions which were super helpful.

If you're taking the Canadian DAT, most people use DATCrusher which is hands-down the best since the questions are very similar to what you'll see on the real exam. It also has videos for soap carving and includes PATBooster for free. DATDestroyer is also really good too and I would totally recommend it for extra questions. I used both and it helped me get one of the highest scores given out on the cDAT last year:

MDT: 24
Biol: 25
Chem: 26
PAT: 25
RC: 23
AA: 25
IcyFox
Wow, congrats on those scores Canadians do love our work, especially the Biology!