Studying for new MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iwanttowin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im retaking the MCAT this summer and thus have to get used to the new one. Is there a go-to strategy for this new exam like the 3 month SN2 plan?

I'm really lost on how to study for it and from my previous experience I do not want to pay for a prep class.

Any help would be awesome!

Members don't see this ad.

So I am in a prep class for the new test. It is basically the same as the old test but the difference is an increased focus on biological systems for the physical science section, the made it much longer, and they added the psychology/ soc section

What you need to do is make sure that you know all of the terms. the psych section isn't like the rest of the mcat where you can get most of the info from the passage. For psych they expect you to know the terms for all of the phenomena. Luckily it's multiple choice. I don't think anyone will have created a study plan yet seeing as its the first year.

Consider buying the official AAMC guide so that you can get access to some practice questions